T120 Low mounted Zard exhaust

Discussion in 'Bonneville' started by Serle, Feb 7, 2017.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Serle

Serle New Member

Dec 19, 2016
    S.Wales
    Hello all,
    Newby here. I've had a look through messages and cant find an answer to the following (sorry if I have missed it);

Has anyone got and fitted the Zard Low mounted exhaust system to their T120? If so, can you still get easy access to the side stand - from the pictures on the Zard website it looks as if the the side-stand is obscured by the body of the silencer.

Also, as it removes the cat would I need a retune?

Thanks in advance.

2. Woznotwoz

Woznotwoz Member

Jan 26, 2016
    Morecambe
    As you are removing the cat, you certainly would require a retune.

3. Serle

Serle New Member

Dec 19, 2016
    S.Wales
    So, decision made - I pick up the T120 in 2 weeks and am going for the SLeeper Pro instead of the Zard.
    Wish me luck

• Like Like x 1
  4. Woznotwoz

Woznotwoz Member

Jan 26, 2016
    Morecambe
    Is this the Sleeper Pro by British Customs?

5. Kev06

Kev06 Active Member

Jun 18, 2016
    Scotland
    interesting choice - hadn't heard of that one before.

whats the delivery time for this one?

6. Woznotwoz

Woznotwoz Member

Jan 26, 2016
    Morecambe
    Do you mean the Zard, or the Sleeper Pro?

7. Serle

Serle New Member

Dec 19, 2016
    S.Wales
    Hi.
    Yes, Sleeper Pro by British Customs.
    I decided against the Zard system mainly because of the reduced access to the side-stand which was confirmed by the sellers agent.
    British Customs are currently quoting 10-14 days delivery but will confirm this as soon as I have ordered them.
    Also, photos to follow once they are fitted.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Woznotwoz

Woznotwoz Member

Jan 26, 2016
    Morecambe
    Expensive though it does look good. Can't wait to see the piccies.... :)

9. Serle

Serle New Member

Dec 19, 2016
    S.Wales
    So, the bike is now just over a week old with a few hundred miles on the clock, having not ridden one since the 1hr test ride back in August of last year - such a very very long time to wait.

With hindsight and a poor memory, I have to admit to being somewhat hasty regarding my intent to buy a new exhaust. I seem to remember it sounding not-quite-so-good during the test ride ....... however, now, with a few hours in the saddle, I can honestly say that it sounds great with the stock pipes so I am going to stick with them (for a while at least) and save myself some cash.

The low rumbling roar under a good helping of right wrist is addictive and sometimes very difficult to resist. I have even stopped wearing my noise cancelling headphones
    My apolpgies to Zard and British Customs but no sale from me this year.......

• Like Like x 1