T120 "Comfort Seat"

Discussion in 'Bonneville' started by Drummer, Aug 19, 2016.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Drummer

Drummer Member

Mar 4, 2016
    Leeds
    Once again I find the Triumph stock seat to be uncomfortable after an hour or so of riding.
    As an accessory extra they offer a "comfort seat" which by inference suggests the standard seat is less than comfortable!! WHY?
    The advantage of the "comfort seat" is and I quote, "thanks to Triumphs 3D net inserts"
    If anyone from Triumph views the Forum, what does this mean, with some detail.
    For an extra £250 I would want to know what it means, to establish if it is likely to be value for money, anyone got any ideas as to what they refer to.??

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. John T

John T Senior Member

Jun 4, 2015
    Newcastle upon Tyne
    Triumph offer a comfort seat for most models and I do wonder why these aren't standard as I also find the seat uncomfortable after a while.
    However rather than buying one I will be giving my seat to Saddlecraft at a South Shields to get their gel pad treatment. He's done a few seats for me and they do a first class job

http://www.saddlecraft.co.uk/what-we-do/seats/gel-pads/

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. ralphy

ralphy Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2016
    Middle East/Devon
    Gel pads can make a big difference to a bike seat, I’ve had most of my bikes done over the years. But bizarrely, I’ve not found the need to change anything on my T120: it’s the first bike that I’ve found to have an ‘ok’ seat!

R

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. newT120

newT120 Active Member

Apr 1, 2016
    London
    I found the standard seat a bit plank-like when I took the test ride, so ordered the comfort seat. I like the looks better, with the full length ribbing and the white piping, plus I did over 200 miles yesterday without too much arse-ache at the end of it !

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Drummer

Drummer Member

Mar 4, 2016
    Leeds
    Message for John T.
    Will Saddlecraft fit gel pads and replace the original seat cover or do you have buy a new cover. Typically how long do they need the seat for, and what is approx cost. Thanks.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Dunc grant

Dunc grant Member

Aug 22, 2016
    Aberdeen
    Hi dunc here I am new to forums but not to triumphs.Here's my tuppence worth completed a 380 mile round trip last Sunday from Aberdeen to mallaig and back on my t120.standard seat and shocks with no comfort issues whatsoever.I suffer from back and hip pains through years of sitting at my job.i had a cast wheel 865 previously with the plank seat I got a very nice replacement from Burton bike bitts but i don't know if they have anything for the new t120 yet.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Drummer

Drummer Member

Mar 4, 2016
    Leeds
    Hi Dunc, After your experience I guess it is all down to different shape backsides and body weight. I weigh 17 stone so this will be a contributory factor to my sore butt problems. I do have an Airhawk cushion from when I also had an 865 Bonnie and this works very well, but not too pretty. I will check out Burton Bike bits, thanks. By the way did you use a screen on your trip?

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Drummer

Drummer Member

Mar 4, 2016
    Leeds
    Hi John, see my message to you a few messages down.Just realised I should have entered it here.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Dunc grant

Dunc grant Member

Aug 22, 2016
    Aberdeen
    T

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Dunc grant

Dunc grant Member

Aug 22, 2016
    Aberdeen
    Sorry for the delay like i said I'm new to forums .yeah my bike is fitted with the short fly screen i am 5'8" just shy of 13stone

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Dunc grant

Dunc grant Member

Aug 22, 2016
    Aberdeen
    When. I had my mag wheel Bonnie I had a pair of hagon 2810s fitted in my opinion that contributed a lot to the comfort factor along with the handling improvement

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. John T

John T Senior Member

Jun 4, 2015
    Newcastle upon Tyne
    Hi guys agree my Hagons did help with the arse ache and for sure if you are heavier like me the standard seats not so good.
    Just heard from Saddlecraft and its £110 for rider or £170 for rider and pillion.
    They rebuild seat using the existing cover and their gel pads are much more generous than factory ones.
    Suspect turnaround would only be a few days but check first. They are a good bunch to deal with.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Drummer

Drummer Member

Mar 4, 2016
    Leeds
    Thanks for that info John. Will check Saddlecraft out and as I am 100 miles or so from them may wait until near end of biking season. Note also your comments on shocks.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Bubbahotep

Bubbahotep New Member

Jan 19, 2020
    Holly Springs, NC
    Reviving this a bit - new to the forum. I just got a 2020 T120 and the seat options are pretty scarce for this model year. The seat is pretty rough - and no way I can do an hour or two much less a full day. Does anyone know, when the aftermarket catches up to the model year? I have been look and only British Customs has a slammer seat. Or, what gel/air pads does everyone use?

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Brixton Steve

Brixton Steve Member

Sep 21, 2019
    Devon
    Sent my new T120 seat to Saddlecraft had gel packs for rider and pillion plus extra foam. Before this 80 miles was bloody uncomfortable, when my seat came back ,within a week ,I did a 170 mile run with no probs,its made my bike a joy to ride .Even more importantly the wife not grumbling about a pain in the arse. Cost me £180 which is also cheaper than so called Triumph comfort seat. They did a very good job ,well pleased.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Traveler

Traveler Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2023
    Helena, Sweet Home Alabama
    Anyone know if there is a place in the states that does a similar mod as Saddlecraft?

• Like Like x 1