Featured T120 Ace Cafe One Year Old Now..

Discussion in 'Bonneville' started by jdwalmsley, Oct 4, 2021.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. jdwalmsley

jdwalmsley Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2021
    british columbia
    Some mods to the bike after a year, So far they all seem to have been good choices.
    - Dart Flyscreen. Doesn't look like much, but it makes a significant difference at speed on the highway. Takes the wind off the chest, more relaxing ride, no adverse effect on steering or handling.
    - Rear passenger rail and grab bar. Easy to tie down anything too big for the backpack.
    - Foldable, length adjustable levers. Look great and infinitely adjustable grip. The come in any colours for lever and adjustment. Fit my hand much better than OEM.
    New Hagon 2810 shocks on back just installed. Still working them in and trying new preload and damping, but I like the feel already, Feel the road, but not harsh. Am waiting till the shocks bed in, then will install the progressive fork springs.
    Still in love with the bike, it turns heads where ever I ride, horn beeps, thumbs up, guys in parking lots want to tell me about the time way back when they had a bike. Wistful sighs!

IMG_1902 (2).JPG

IMG_1896 (2).JPG

IMG_1899.JPG

IMG_1897.JPG

• Like Like x 16
  2. Markus

Markus Crème de la Crème
    Subscriber

Oct 28, 2020
    AUSTRIA
    Very stylish and useful components for your Bonnie!

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Armando Morales

Armando Morales Noble Member

Mar 29, 2021
    Mexico
    wow, what a stunner!
    gorgeous bike, congrats

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. beerkat

beerkat Senior Member

Aug 14, 2019
    Cheshire UK
    Is there some legal requirement for bikes in Canada to have nasty plastic reflectors on the fork legs? If not, then would you kindly remove them. Thank you.

• Agree Agree x 5
  5. Sandi T

Sandi T It's ride o'clock somewhere!
    Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    That is a good looking bike, jd! :heart_eyes: Along with those folks you mentioned, I give it a definite thumbs up, too. What brand are your adjustable levers? I might be interested in a pair of those. And I agree wholeheartedly with @beerkat, yank those reflectors off those beautiful blacked out forks. ;):joy:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. jdwalmsley

jdwalmsley Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2021
    british columbia
    The levers were from French company
    AVDB-Moto on eBay.
    I think they are of German manufacture. Not cheap, but fit is excellent with no pivot slack when installed. Company response was immediate to enquiries and delivered earlier than promised.
    Never thought about the reflectors 'till now, but I think you may be right, will investigate if they're required here.
    Thanks for the input.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Vulpes

Vulpes Confused Member

Mar 14, 2018
    Netherlands
    Lovely bike! The reflectors are easily removed using some fishing line - any glue residue can be got rid off with WD40.

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. Sandi T

Sandi T It's ride o'clock somewhere!
    Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    Thanks for the info on the levers, jd. :)

Regarding the reflectors, I know that in the U.S. new bicycles and motorcycles (not sure about what else) must have reflectors when they are sold. Even high end racing bicycles come with them. I've pulled all the reflectors off each and every bicycle and motorcycle that I've ever owned and not once has it been an issue. And I'm a real "rule follower" generally. :worried: But about the first thing I do when I get a new motorcycle is yank off those fugly reflectors. ;):joy:

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. beerkat

beerkat Senior Member

Aug 14, 2019
    Cheshire UK
    Once you've got rid of the reflectors you will feel sooo much better and bollox to the rules and regs!
    Next thing is to bin those Pirelli Phantom tyres. Plenty of suggestions and advice about replacements on here. I went for Continentals but others are just as good, and ALL of them work, unlike the originals which should have a 'Slippery when Wet' warning sign attached (just look at the tread!). A 'Reduced Grip on White Lines' sign would also be useful.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Jdwalmsley
    Nice machine. Thanks for sharing the pictures.
    Joe.