T100 Suspension TEC to the rescue

Discussion in 'Bonneville' started by BruLan, Jul 17, 2016.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. BruLan

BruLan Member

Jun 27, 2016
    Rangemore Staffordshire
    Ok, So I'm the lucky new Owner of an 09 Plate low mileage Bonnie. I immediately liked the Bonnie, but thought the suspension was awful.
    Bit of research, and found TEC, swapped the Back Shocks and fitted progressive springs in the Forks, Total cost less than £200, and less than an hour on the Tools
    IMHO Anyone with a Standard Bonnie should do these upgrades it has been transformed the Bike its so much more enjoyable to ride.
    Cannot recommend the Supplier or Parts any higher Fan bloody Tastic.
    Now for the Seat and Front Brake !
    Happy days !!

• Like Like x 3
  2. thebiglad

thebiglad Old fart, still riding !

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    I'm a big TEC products fan meself. On my T100 I had TEC steering damper; fork brace; thruxton length rear shocks; all good.

3. BruLan

BruLan Member

Jun 27, 2016
    Rangemore Staffordshire
    Great stuf fro TEC f, but not sure I can see a need for a Steering Damper, think the Brace may make sense if I do owt with the front Brake

4. pikeman59

pikeman59 New Member

May 31, 2016
    Sweden
    Fitted TEC adjustable Thruxton rear shocks and progressive springs and I got a new bike. :) And the beautiful Monza gas cap. A really good bike got much, much better, but the shock needed 500 kms to work properly.

IMAG3329.jpg

5. Volksrat

Volksrat Well-Known Member

Feb 24, 2016
    Peterborough
    Did the same suspension upgrades myself, a great improvement...
    (plus I lowered the bike)

6. BruLan

BruLan Member

Jun 27, 2016
    Rangemore Staffordshire
    LOL I've raised the rid eHeight of mine and lowered the Pegs !
    Transformation

• Like Like x 1
  7. BruLan

BruLan Member

Jun 27, 2016
    Rangemore Staffordshire
    Wish list may (?) include smaller front Wheel....:)

8. Kev06

Kev06 Active Member

Jun 18, 2016
    Scotland
    Bit of a thread resurrection

Looking at getting the Tec rear adjustables and standard front : is there any guides on how you lowered rear and i guess raise the front forks same "mm" ??

Kev

9. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    If you want a lowered rear go with shorter suspension, say t100 rears, Scrambler and Thruxtons use 365mm shocks.
    T100 uses 340mm.
    SE/Mag wheel bikes use 320mm.
    but raising the front would mean changing the tubes, springs etc I guess, I could be corrected!

10. thebiglad

thebiglad Old fart, still riding !

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    Hi Kev, to be able to give you the very best advice, what year/bike have you got and what do you want to achieve by changing the suspension? For example are you wanting to raise the ride height of the bike? Are you wanting to speed up the steering? Are you wanting to improve ride quality and comfort? What is it you want to get out of this change?

11. Kev06

Kev06 Active Member

Jun 18, 2016
    Scotland
    Didn't consider that option- like you not sure if i drop rear are mods essential for front ?!

12. Kev06

Kev06 Active Member

Jun 18, 2016
    Scotland
    Thanks! Im looking to drop rear / ride height purely for cosmetic reasons while i turn my 2014 thruxton into a tracker bike over winter. I dont want to risk safety for looks wrt handling though.

13. steve lovatt

steve lovatt Something else

May 12, 2014
    North Yorkshire
    New TEC shocks and progressive front springs are on the list of improvements for my SE. Will have to see what the big white bearded bloke brings (no not you Dave).
    Not sure if you would ever need a fork brace as the bracket which secures the shorter mudguard (not the T100 longer one, which is built into the guard) is a hefty bit of metal anyway.

• Like Like x 1
  14. DenFer

DenFer New Member

Jul 26, 2020
    Quebec Montreal
    #14 DenFer, Jul 18, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2021
    Any other suggestions?
    Short leg, 5' 4" Looking for to lower & update the suspension; Bonneville T100 2015 19” wheel.
    So far, I have been suggested:
    TEC : Progressive Fork spring kit & damping adjuster. For 19” wheel. (OK "Found on U/S site")
    TEC: LOWERING All alloy gas shocks Bonneville/Bonneville SE & T100 ;
    5 x Way Adjustable Damping/Adjustable length feature; 310mm to 345mm (kit tool+spacers) * *Can't find the exact match on U/S site, skeptic i checked & found on U/K site.
    To clarified , I Texted every address On u/s site also called few times to make sure i get the right shocks , no answers,
    So tried U/k answered right away, and suggested that they might be short of personnel or very busy, and to do business whit them.
    I am puzzled, wanted to make the change before the end of season.
    We live in Montreal Canada , my son ordered pipes for street twin 2019 (tec u/s) it was quick & no issued.