T100 Stainless Disc

Discussion in 'Bonneville' started by Bonnie lad, Nov 12, 2022.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Bonnie lad

Bonnie lad New Member

Jul 24, 2016
    Milton Keynes
    Hi peeps

Have 2013 T100 and really need to lmprove front end stopping power which is pretty poor when touring two up, fitted sintered pads with no noticeable difference, has anyone fitted a stainless steel disc and found it helps Or do I have to splash out on a whole new system (Norman Hyde) ?

Cheers Gareth

2. Hillbonne

Hillbonne New Member

Sep 2, 2014
    Pembrokeshire
    For my 2015 SE I got an EBC front disc & pads,
    I was very pleased with the results.

3. brianmac

brianmac New Member

Oct 23, 2022
    i am curious why you would think a SS disc would improve stopping? IMHO, the bonnies do not make for a good 2 up machine, braking or suspension wise, unless your total weight is around 300 pounds. a quick search found this: owners manual, 2012 Bonny. Maximum Payload (rider, passenger accessories) 440lbs. I would not routinely use a bonnie for 2 up riding, I am 220 lbs. i use one of my big cruisers for that. but if I had to, id be looking to see if you could swap out or get a dual disc front fork and wheel from another trumpet, sure its been done B4 ?? heres a quick searched thread https://www.triumphrat.net/threads/bonnieville-t100-twin-disc-conversion.973056/

4. Bonnie lad

Bonnie lad New Member

Jul 24, 2016
    Milton Keynes
    Thanks guys for the replies. Have done several successfull trips to France two up complete with luggage , though I have up graded the suspension (myself and wife's combined weight 320lbs less luggage). I guess the easiest option would be to fit the 6 pot caliper kit (at a price!).