T100 Speedometer Wanted

Discussion in 'Vintage Classics' started by Walter55, May 21, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Walter55

Walter55 New Member

Feb 4, 2019
    east of england
    The 1973 t 100 Daytona is back on the road after complete rebuild .but my problem is I can"t get hold of a
    new speedometer ,everyone seems to be out of stock .But my first question to anyone who can help is
    the correct gear ratios for both the Tachometer,and the speedometer .I believe the tacho to be 4.1 and
    the speedo to be 2.1 can anyone confirm is this correct .I can get a rev counter no problem but I am struggling with the speedo ,any help would be appreciated

Regards to all..:(

• Like Like x 1
  2. feckless

feckless Noble Member

Apr 16, 2019
    Cumbria
    does it have to be original smiths?? as the copies that go for about £65 are actually a better speedo in my opinion as you do not get the wavy needle issues

3. Walter55

Walter55 New Member

Feb 4, 2019
    east of england
    Hi Feckless ,thanks for the reply It need not be an original smiths as long as the clocks fit the original mounting bracket would you know where I can get a pair
    and do you know if the ratios I am quoting are the correct ones.

4. darkman

darkman Crème de la Crème

Oct 26, 2015
    Southcoast of the UK Earth
    Most of the replica ones are for the t120's and have 150 MPH on them so they read wrong on the T100 as its only an 80 MPH speedo fitted. the smiths numbers for your bike are ssm 500702 speedo and rsm 3003/13 with black face on the dials. I will have a gen reconditioned 80 mph speedo for sale soon.