T100 Black Battery Issues

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Clyde philipson, May 9, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Clyde philipson

Clyde philipson New Member

May 9, 2019
    London England
    My bikes not 3 years old yet and I'm on my 3rd battery I have a data tool alarm fitted anyone else had any issues?? If its left for more than a week the bikes completely dead
    Went for a 250 mile ride last week 2 days later bikes dead again?

2. freck

freck Elite Member

May 4, 2017
    Preston, Lancs, UK
    Sounds like it might be the alarm causing a bigger drain than it should. I’ve heard a lot in the past about Datatool alarms causing lots of problems. The T595s were bad for this with a factory Datatool fitted and most were removed by their owners.
    Of course it could just be a weak battery, it’d be worth getting a drop check done on it to check its condition for starters (pardon the pun ;))

3. David Cooper

David Cooper Triumph Rocketeer.
    Subscriber

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Johnjo

Johnjo Senior Member

May 29, 2017
    Birmingham
    Unless you are throwing away batteries that just need a recharge something is definitely wrong. A new battery every year is never right, trickle charge or not. Is it possible to disconnect the alarm temporarily to see if that's it. If not you need someone knowledgeable with a multi meter to check it over.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. freck

freck Elite Member

May 4, 2017
    Preston, Lancs, UK
    As johnjo says, a battery tender won’t help with this one. There’s obviously a fault somewhere if the battery’s going flat after 2 days :confused:

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. mpllineman

mpllineman First Class Member

Feb 12, 2018
    Pearl,Ms.
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. Clyde philipson

Clyde philipson New Member

May 9, 2019
    London England
    Thanks for the replys problem I have is my garage is away from my flat and has no power supply for the optimiser sadly bit I'm guessing theres a problem with the bike not charging the battery whilst being ridden