T.T.....rific

Discussion in 'Racing & Bike Sport' started by MetalliKarl, Jun 9, 2015.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. MetalliKarl

MetalliKarl Active Member

Mar 15, 2015
    UK, Germany and Touring
    Enjoying coverage of IOM T.T , watched Sidecars last night and will watch supersport and the big guys tonight, Anstey is looking good however maybe Michael Dunlop. Listened to Guy Martin interview after he tried an electric BMW sounded like " Eh up hell setha in't tit blood and sand eh? Did tha see that? Fair took thar breath through thicket, all about it tint tit, hells teeth, future by god, future by god I say future by god don't thee? Now then parched I am needin brew, ayiee tea"
    BMW are looking for a translater

2. Recycled Rocker

Recycled Rocker Senior Member

Apr 19, 2014
    North Yorkshire Cave
    eeee by gum si thi, understood every word. M Dunlop was a bit harder tho, couldn't quite catch wether he meant he hit the backmarker, or back marker fell off and brought him off.

Looking forward to tonights jobby.

• Like Like x 1
  3. MetalliKarl

Mar 15, 2015
    UK, Germany and Touring
    Lmao hahah

4. MetalliKarl

Mar 15, 2015
    UK, Germany and Touring
    Superstocks cool and only 4mph slower than the race bikes wow.... watching these guys race is the best Kegal exercise you can get

5. joe mc donald

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    I just got home today and it was terrific. Spoke to Micheal after the crash tried to take a photo for my boy who was with him. For some stupid a touched a button and took two photos of myself. I don't think my son will ever forgive me but every one I know now says I am a plonker. Then to make things worse I binned my 1050 going up the mountain. I got very lucky not to much damage one scrape on fairing bent protector bobbin broken gear change and indicator and a lovely limp. Then to top it of I broke my camera just after the side cars.
    Regards
    Joe.

• Like Like x 2
  6. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    Now people you don't know are calling you a plonker....you plonker!

7. joe mc donald

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Thanks Crispey I deserve it and I feel so guilty it was a once in a lifetime moment for my boy and I screwed it up. Littleade I came home today as like your self have to get back to work. I started some 20 years ago saying I must go and the boy booked it for my Christmas box what a surprise. So you should go the people are the nicest friendliest people I have met in years and years and they really try to help you in every way they can. Also thanks for your kind words. Yes I am fine and the bike is now rideable again till I can get it properly done. Some didn't get of as lucky as I feel and it is sad to think that hard working chaps go to let down their hair and get killed for what ever reason it is still sad for this big old Brotherhood. So yes I am a very luck bloke and thank the Lord for taking care of me.
    Take care.
    Joe.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Recycled Rocker

Apr 19, 2014
    North Yorkshire Cave
    It's those experiences that become great memories to laff about later, nothing ventured absolutely nothin gained and nowt to laff about. Am sorry about yer lad, must be gutted, it may be possible to get a card signed specially for him by Michael, I'm not sure if he is coming to Scarborough Oliver's Mount racing very soon (I know Guy Martin is) A friend of mine helps out on the Joey Dunlop foundation stand there. How about I take a card (or one of yer choice sent to me), and I'll try and sort summat for yer. Can't promise but willing to try. Failing that write to the foundation, I'm sure they would sort it for you. Yer lad would be well chuffed for a personal card methinks. Just a thought Joe.

Plonkers R us

• Like Like x 1
  9. thebiglad

thebiglad Old fart, still riding !

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    #9 thebiglad, Jun 10, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2015
    Can I be an early member of the Plonkers R Us club? I do have qualifications you know ??????????

10. thebiglad

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    Hey Joe, sorry to hear about your misadventures on the island. Hope you didn't get too knocked about. Someone must have been looking out for you from above.

You aren't the first and you won't be the last to do stupid stuff so don't beat yourself up too much.

11. joe mc donald

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    That's decent of you and I would be very great full if that could happen, His name is Paul and he has just turned pro and races a 675 not sure what the group is he's in but he is doing quite well. I visited the Joey center as I originally come from Bushmills and still have family there. Still remember boys like Joe / Robert tearing along the coast road and did my bit aswell. These days can't even go round a corner. But like you say it will be something I will all ways remember.
    Kind Regards
    Joe.

• Like Like x 1
  12. joe mc donald

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    The big lad
    You also are very right yes I think you are right I could have come of much worse and certainly there must have been a guardian Angel looking over my shoulder. But even with the mishaps I had a fantastic time they are a unique people so kind and everyone wants to help. I couldn't believe it. We stayed at a little farm and the Lady there she cooked breakfast and it was brimming over the plate and still she was saying have some more. As I said the thing I feel bad about was the boy's pic's it was so silly and stupid of me and he was so chuffed that Micheal took time to stand there and have it done even thought you could see he was in a lot of pain. But I got to live with it I am the newbie in the plonker club.
    Kind Regards
    Joe.

• Like Like x 1
  13. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    It's great how the highs outweigh the lows, glad it worked out that way!

14. joe mc donald

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    No not to bad really no one got hurt damage was repairable and still had a good time. Goes with the Brotherhood. May try your trip soon as my boy races out there aswell.
    Joe.

• Like Like x 2
  15. MetalliKarl

Mar 15, 2015
    UK, Germany and Touring
    Supersport Tonight number 2 , great weather should mean top speeds ...cool

16. Recycled Rocker

Apr 19, 2014
    North Yorkshire Cave
    Have private messaged you for your address

17. Thruxtongaz69

Thruxtongaz69 Member

Apr 21, 2015
    UK
    yep so far been great (almost) 2 weeks apart from some shocking weather in practice week. Looking forward to the big one tomorrow, then the ferry home Saturday.

The Thruxton seat cowl is busy being signed by racers, so far Gary Johnson, Dean and Conrad Harrison, John McGuiness, Cam Donald, James Hillier, Michael Dunlop and team managers Carl Cox and Keith Flint. Hope to get Bruce Anstey, Ian Hutchinson and possibly Guy Martin tomorrow!!

Already have a front tyre signed by Bruce from practice session...

Loving the TT ...

• Like Like x 1
  18. thebiglad

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    You really are having a big week aren't you ? :D:D:D:D:D

19. Thruxtongaz69

Thruxtongaz69 Member

Apr 21, 2015
    UK
    well all packed and off to bed , TT over and some unedited results. Lets be honest who really thought Hutchy would make THAT come back and who, like me wrote off John in the senior???

Brilliant stuff, great work by the marshalls as usual, also to the emergency services especailly those who 'fix' broken riders

Happy day, roll on Pikes Peak!!