T-Shirts GMU 2017

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Dougie D, Jan 23, 2017.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Dougie D

Dougie D Crème de la Crème

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    #1 Dougie D, Jan 23, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2017
    Thought it would be an idea to start a new thread on this as a few of us have been posting about this on the 2016 thread.
    A couple of guys were thinking they would prefer a better quality t- shirt.what does everyone think?

I’ve found the quality to be pretty good?, but perhaps it would be an idea to go with the ordinary cotton, although the combed cotton which last years t-shirt was is actually more expensive!, but maybe the fact it feels softer might give the impression it’s not as good:confused:? The vast majority of printed t- shirts are done using the cheaper normal cotton t- shirts but that’s down to price rather than anything else. I’m happy to go with whatever you guys think. I asked the company who did last years if we used the same design as last year would there still be a set up charge and yes there will still be the £25 set up charge as the date and venue would have to be changed. Below is the link to last years t- shirt and a couple of other links to different ones, they do a huge selection of t- shirts makes/styles:confused: Feel free to browse them all!!:eek: They give a carton price and a pack price but they have to be all the same size, so you would have to look at the single price if we wanted assorted sizes..the minimum is still 25 t-shirts and they did say that due to Brexit they have had to put the prices up on most styles by about 10% which will be right enough as most clothing is starting to go up this year. A lot of the t-shirts are slim fit:eek: and just go up to xl:eek: so if your'e having a look check out the fit and sizes available.
    i would be happy using Sams design from last year and although i liked last years colour i think it would be better having a different colour for this years.but maybe folk would like a new design Sams already offered his services if we want to do this..Thoughts please:):):)
    Sticky for this Ron

EDIT
    it is more expensive this year as they charge £25 per colour for set up
    This is the T-shirt we will be getting this year,it should come in at £10.96 plus £2.85 postage (that includes the printing and set up fees) you can chose whatever colour you like
    ScreenCapture 2017-02-13 at 13.49.40.png
    The shade of green shown is not the correct colour it is more of a sage like this..PM me if you are interested in one
    prod_61044_55658.jpg

http://store.baroneclothing.com/all_T_Shirts/crew_neck_t_shirts/Fruit Of The Loom - Super Premium T - F61-044-4?sort=p.price&order=ASC

prod_61044_55658.jpg

2. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    Good one! Personally I'd like the t shirt to look different from last years, not that there was anything wrong with last years!!, but to differentiate a bit more than just the writing, not necessarily a different design, a different colour would suffice, not too neon but maybe antiquey like maroon, mid blue etc etc

• Like Like x 1
  3. Rich Bryce

Rich Bryce Dead Eye Dick

Sep 18, 2015
    Bedford
    #3 Rich Bryce, Jan 23, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2017
    I vote best quality heavy duty cotton. Given the choice I'd go for a heavy duty polo, more expensive, but classier, and t-shirts don't suit me, but I guess I'm in a significant minority here. Whatever, put me down for L or XL.

Is there a link to last year's design?

4. Dougie D

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    Tee mockup.jpg Once we have about 25 folk interested in t-shirts (thats the minimum they do for printing) and we have decided which t- shirt to go with i will PM everyone for all thier details and payment before i order any.The price for last years t-shirt (including the printing and set up fee) was £5.60 plus £2.85 if you wanted it posted out. The heavier cotton ones are a bit cheaper but they are more box shape/baggier.i prefer the one we had last year as the combed cotton feels much nicer imo,but i'll go with what the majority want.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Rich Bryce

Rich Bryce Dead Eye Dick

Sep 18, 2015
    Bedford
    Given the choice I'd incorporate something about Kielder to the design, maybe the Park logo, or the wording. Just a thought.
    [​IMG]

6. Samuel F

Samuel F Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2015
    Glasgow
    Hi guys,

The thing that got me last year was the cut. The M was too long, poorly cut, but I guess I'll just take an S this time.

Designwise : I think we should stick the same "overall" design. I would be more than honoured if you let me create a couple of propositions. I could offer variations, wich at a glance would still be "us" in term of design.

Colourwise: Colour is always a problem because colour is subjective. (Did you know no 2 human beings see colour exactly the same way?). My personal preference would be to stick with the same colour scheme because in my opinion, it simply works.

Qualitywise : i would not mind an upgrade in price at all. I'd rather pay £10 for a teeshirt I will keep and wear a long time, than the same as last year wich was "okay but not great". (I'm a sucker for fashion, deal with it :cool:).

• Like Like x 1
  7. Rich Bryce

Rich Bryce Dead Eye Dick

Sep 18, 2015
    Bedford
    Heather Grey is neutral and goes easily with most other colours.

8. Samuel F

Mar 24, 2015
    Glasgow
    A true Grey is actually not a colour. It's a shade of black (or white) which are not colours but the lack or sum of it.

:cool:

Not being a colour, I agree it matches all other colours. Ergo it's a better choice.

9. Rich Bryce

Rich Bryce Dead Eye Dick

Sep 18, 2015
    Bedford
    Okay then, I go with the pedants choice of dark-white aka light-black ;)

• Like Like x 2
  10. Samuel F

Mar 24, 2015
    Glasgow
    Hahahaha, it's so easy to piss off a OCD "Pixel Perfect" designer like me... :D

• Like Like x 1
  11. Dougie D

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    #11 Dougie D, Jan 23, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2017
    I think if you do it in the same colour Sam it will just look like last years T-shirt:confused:. i doubt their would be many takers if you are looking for a more fashion t-shirt not just because of the fit but because we are all mostly old, fat and tight buggers! put some options of t-shirts you fancy though and we will have a look..although if it's too expensive you can buy your own this year!:eek:

12. Rich Bryce

Rich Bryce Dead Eye Dick

Sep 18, 2015
    Bedford
    If similar to last years (and I didn't go, so am only going by the pic) I would add the bottom of a wheel/tyre below the scroll to make it more obviously a m/bike.

13. Samuel F

Mar 24, 2015
    Glasgow
    There actually was a tyre in my first designs, but I ended up removing it, because I favoured a more horizontal logo.
    But I can come up with a version with the tyre is back on.

14. TEZ 217

TEZ 217 Crème de la Crème

Mar 6, 2016
    south shields
    #14 TEZ 217, Jan 23, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2017
    Sam the only biker I know in a small !!!!!:p a Medium to a Small it makes fat people feel sick :D:D
    Sam I have loads and loads of T shirts badly cut - lol :D

I agree with DD's above post dark enough, cheap enough and bloody WIDE enough

• Like Like x 1
  15. d-basser

d-basser Active Member

Apr 7, 2016
    Glasgow
    If you think that's bad you'll struggle if you meet me. I fear high winds and disappear if backlit! My chest measurement is more akin to most folks thighs :D;). Do these t-shirts come in emaciated sizes?:p

• Like Like x 2
  16. TEZ 217

TEZ 217 Crème de la Crème

Mar 6, 2016
    south shields
    In that case d-basser I suggest you get towards the front with Sam and any other skinny members during photographs if you intend being seen !!!:D

• Like Like x 2
  17. d-basser

d-basser Active Member

Apr 7, 2016
    Glasgow
    Aye, saves a fortune. Should be coming to the meetup, looking at coming along and camping to save on the pennies. Will be good to get to meet you lot.

I'll stand nice and close for a false perspective

For the t-shirts: I would be interested in one if I end up coming to the event and if you opt for an option that comes in x-small (I know I know, sickening)

• Like Like x 2
  18. MrOrange

MrOrange Guest

Does it come in Orange ?

19. Dougie D

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    Yea
    Yeah but NO!!!

• Like Like x 1
  20. MrOrange