T-bird Fairing Project Complete

Discussion in 'Thunderbird' started by VABird, Mar 25, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. VABird

VABird Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2018
    Virginia, USA
    Pics show Jack-Be-Quick's 2012 Bird with a custom fitted Vector fairing, Long Ride Shields 9" recurved windshield, VDO engine instruments, GPS & speedometer cluster moved into the fairing. Works great; wind noise is greatly reduced Fairing with LRS shield.JPG Glove Box.jpg Fairing inside with gauges.JPG

• Like Like x 2
  2. stevethegoolie

stevethegoolie Elite Member

Oct 16, 2014
    East Riding of Yorkshire
    I know I shouldn't, but I do like that!:eek::)

3. Hack Driver

Hack Driver Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2017
    Denton, Maryland USA
    Looks good. You've put some 'serious' accessories on your bike!

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. VABird

VABird Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2018
    Virginia, USA
    I went for the first long ride with the new fairing and 9" windshield yesterday; about 250 miles.
    Temps were in the high 70s after snowfall just 5 days ago.
    Wind protection and noise reduction is significant, even at 70+ MPH. So much so that the squeaky drive belt suddenly needs to be addressed!
    Gauge visibility is far better than before. I wear a full face helmet that blocked view of speedo on the tank.
    It does add a bit of weight up high, raising the CG, but that is easily gotten used to.
    BTW, with warmer ambient temps, the water temp gauge seems to be measuring appropriately.
    I may still consider relocating the sending unit nearer the thermostat, but that's for another time.
    Overall, I'm very glad I did this. I've wanted to make my T-Bird more suitable for touring., and always disliked the tank mounted speedometer.
    I've got a Tiger for shorter rides.

• Like Like x 2
  5. youngy

youngy Active Member

Oct 30, 2017
    Peterborough
    I'm sure you love it but really I'd rather take the car. Just not for me, sorry.

6. VABird

VABird Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2018
    Virginia, USA
    No need to appologize. I did it because I wanted it. The T-Bird is capable of playing so many different motorcycling roles. I don't expect everyone to like its configuration.

• Like Like x 2