T Bird 1600 - Possible Sale

Discussion in 'Thunderbird' started by Adrian Braithwaite, Jul 7, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Adrian Braithwaite

Adrian Braithwaite Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2018
    Kirkhamgate
    Front PageForumsFor Sale & WantedBikes for Sale
    Thunderbird 1600 - Possible Sale
    1. Hi Guys
      I am considering putting my Thunderbird up for sale and I am just testing the waters as it were with regard to the asking price as I am not fully up to speed with prices etc.
      In January this year I had an accident at work resulting in a back injury, trapped nerve etc, which is still ongoing and I am really struggling to even move the bike around the garage. I have only ridden twice this year and last week managed a ride on the T'Bird which ended with me laid up for two days, not the bike's fault but riding position not agreeing with back situation!
      The bike is as follows and if it ever stops raining then I will get some photographs:

Truimph Thunderbird 1600 in metallic black, Reg'n date 02.03.2012, 2012 plate, mileage is 14,996 miles, two new tyres fitted at 14,038 miles, MOT until 10.12.2020. Service History.
      Extra's
      TORS Sport short exhausts with cross pipes etc
      Mustang Rider and Pillion seats
      Truimph Screen
      Wider 'T' handlebars with extended cables
      Front driving lights
      Chrome Radiator guard
      Chrome Clutch lifter
      Chrome oil Filler
      Chrome Rear brake cylinder cover
      Quich release Truimph sissy bar with backrest
      Chrome luggage rack (remove rear seat to make solo only)
      Chrome billet petrol cap
      Chrome lower drive belt guard
      12v Aux socket
      Chrome clutch/Alt casings
      Chrome speedo surround
      leather(ish) tool roll
      Truimph tear drop chrome mirrors

There will no doubt be things that I have forgotten but I also have standard exhausts and a brand new set of belt guards which I was going to chrome but never got around to it.

The bike is in excellent condition and based in Wakefield.
      Any thoughts about the asking price would be greatly appreciated as I know that if I took it along to the stealers then the full potential of this bike would not be reflected in the price offered.

2. David Downes

David Downes Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2016
    Essex
    Looking on Autotrader most (private sales) are going for under £8k, with most having less mileage. One which is of similar age, albeit with higher mileage is going for £6.5k.

You could always call up a dealer to find out how much they'd give you for it, and then maybe add 10% for what you could get if you a decent haggler.

One piece of advice: take off, and sell separately, as many of those accessories as you can. It won't increase the value of the bike unfortunately (even a dealer wouldn't give you a penny for them), but for all that, you might see an extra grand selling them on ebay - if you can be bothered!

Good luck selling it, and more importantly with your back. I've had 3 surgeries on my lower back since I was 18, bad back freaking suck.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. TEZ 217

TEZ 217 Crème de la Crème

Mar 6, 2016
    south shields
    I agree with David, you could always sell the extra's separately .