T 120 Bonneville Wheel Bearings

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Triumph Cindy, Sep 9, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Triumph Cindy

Triumph Cindy New Member

Jan 30, 2019
    Southend On Sea
    Hi everyone . Can anyone tell me what other bike have the same wheel bearings as the T 120 Bonneville. I had my wheel rebuilt with Aluminium rims and stainless steel spoke and because I also had the hubs polished I had the wheel bearings removed . I have ordered a set From Triumph , however I was amazed at the price, with seals nearly £120. They don't seem to be advertised on any of the main bearing dealers, although they do have them for 2017 model. I find the 2016 gets missed out a lot for some reason. Cheers Paul

2. freck

freck Elite Member

May 4, 2017
    Preston, Lancs, UK
    Have you still got the bearings? Measure them up and get them from a bearing factor like Swan ( http://www.swanindustrialdrives.com/ )
    They’ll be much cheaper, then you can just buy seals from WOT or Fowlers :grinning:

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

The bearings and seals should both have identification numbers on them :)
    Find a local bearing supplier and they should be able to match them for you :)
    I’ve done this over the phone in the past and just gone to pick them up :)
    Saves a fortune :cool:

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. freck

freck Elite Member

May 4, 2017
    Preston, Lancs, UK
    At the end of the day, Triumph won’t be having special sized bearings made for their bikes, they’ll be standard sized.

• Agree Agree x 5
  5. Triumph Cindy

Triumph Cindy New Member

Jan 30, 2019
    Southend On Sea
    Hello and thank you all for your great input and help. I became fixed on searching for T120 (2016) because that is my bike. I thought just use genuine Triumph parts so was looking on their web page. As I said in first post I managed to find bearings online for the 2017 model, I even asked the sellers if they did bearings for the 2016 model, only to be told no. I thought, hang on suppose my bike was a 2017 model, I would just look at the same info on the triumph site as they have not dated the Bonneville at all. To cut a long story short after checking the seals and bearings on the Bobber and Thruxton they are exactly the same as the ones I ordered. A quick scan on E bay and I have complete rear set plus seals and they will be here in morning £12.50. I am returning the seals and bearings to Triumph. Thanks again Every one very grateful to you all.

Paul

• Like Like x 2