Sw Motech Urban Abs Panniers

Discussion in 'Speed Triple' started by dav.a, Jan 20, 2021.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. dav.a

dav.a Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2018
    Argyll
    Bought a pair of ABS Urban panniers and support frame for the Speedie RS (2020 model year) from SW MoTech. The frame is certainly solid and the panniers are well made. Once fitted they look exactly like the pictures on their website. Fitting is simplicity itself, I only had to drill 2 10mm holes in the plastic base of the storage space under the rear seat area. I have the Evo Tech tail tidy fitted however the frame doesn't interfere with it in any way. photos show the support bracket in the underseat storage area and the plate the side arms bolt to underneath the wheel arch.

Only a few minor issues to consider ;

The main support bracket does impede on what limited storage space there is and it does make access to the UBS charging socket awkward. I should remove the bracket and see if I can move the socket but that's for another day.

The frames bolt onto the rear footpeg arm so if you have removed these you will need to replace them to use the panniers.

The frame is their SLC version and at present can not be adapted so it can carry GIVI or Kappa monolock panniers , which is a bummer because I have 2 x 40ltr ones in the loft.

20210120_145139.jpg

20210120_145100.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  2. Col_C

Col_C I can't re...Member

Aug 5, 2015
    Cornwall
    Looking good, I have the older Givi equivalent on my 2015 94R, the SW Motech looks a bit more substantial than Givi but it seems they don't do it for the older Speeds.
    Photos below are old (I've made quite a few changes to the bike since then), I only attach the frame and pillion pegs when needed for a bit of touring, takes about 1/2hr to fit. The stud pictured is the only thing left showing each side when in normal removed mode.
    Trouble is my bum looks big when fitted, an inevitable consequence of the twin high exhausts, I suspect yours are a bit slimmer/smaller capacity.

2016-05-06_12-21-15.jpg

2016-05-06_12-25-14.jpg

2016-05-06_12-12-19.jpg

2016-05-06_12-01-53.jpg

2016-05-06_11-18-34.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  3. Abirnie

Abirnie Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2020
    Ontario, Canada
    Awesome write up, thanks!! I have this same Motech kit on order. I was concerned about the fit with the Evotech tail tidy. Great to hear it all works. I’ve already received my Jetpack Tailbag and Daypack Tankbag which are quality pieces. Looking forward to some decent bike trips this year.
    Cheers!!!!