Sw Motech Blaze Panniers

Discussion in 'Bonneville' started by curly, Jul 23, 2017.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. curly

curly Noble Member

Jul 3, 2016
    Burton Upon Trent
    Anyone out there got any of these fitted to their Bonneville?
    I'd be very interested to hear any views if so.
    Thanks in anticipation
    Curly

2. John T

John T Senior Member

Jun 4, 2015
    Newcastle upon Tyne
    Yup got them used for first time in Scotland a couple of weeks back. Look good,easy to fit and carry off the bike,never moved when travelling and let no water in through zips on a very wet day (although you get waterproof inner too) good for a few days for one but you might take a tail bag on seat or rack if there's 2 of you or a longer trip

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. curly

curly Noble Member

Jul 3, 2016
    Burton Upon Trent
    Thanks for that John,
    I have Kreiga tail bags but fancy transferring weight from my tank bag to panniers,
    Since we always go as a pair I was wondering how the ' strap ' which goes over the pillion seat affects the comfort of the pillion passenger?

Curly

4. Tigcraft

Tigcraft Unheard of Member

Mar 29, 2014
    Holmfirth West Yorkshire
    Any pics of what they should look like?

5. curly

curly Noble Member

Jul 3, 2016
    Burton Upon Trent
    Photos available on the company website and they do look good!
    John confirms their practcality and ease of use. The mounting rails look much better that the Triumph offerings in my opinion, which in any case might not be an option due to having a Triumph rack already attached to the top rear shocker bolts
    I'm just not sure how it would feel sitting on the ' strap ' for want of a better description, over a the time taken for a days riding?

Curly

6. John T

John T Senior Member

Jun 4, 2015
    Newcastle upon Tyne
    The mounting bars remove easily as well leaving just discreet black brackets

haven't tried MrsT on the back when panniers are on so cant comment but a sheepskin butt pad might be an idea Ive ordered one for me

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. GmanJeff

GmanJeff Member

Mar 30, 2020
    Virginia, USA
  8. Carl556

Carl556 Senior Member

Nov 13, 2019
    Durham Uk
    I’ve got them for my speed twin and think they are by far the most attractive of any solution I’ve seen. My missus has been on the back and she says they’re comfy enough. She slid around a bit but she had textiles on. I non slip mat on top is what we are going to try next. upload_2020-11-15_17-4-30.jpeg

• Like Like x 1