765 Suspension Settings For 2021 Street Triple R

Discussion in 'Street Triple' started by Guided By Voices, Apr 8, 2021.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Guided By Voices

Guided By Voices New Member

Apr 8, 2021
    America
    I can't seem to find any suspension settings information on the new 2021 street triple R. Any advice would be welcomed. I weigh about 195 with gear on and I like my ride firm but not too firm if that helps.

2. Ducatitotriumph

Ducatitotriumph Crème de la Crème

Apr 25, 2019
    Rothwell
    https://www.thetriumphforum.com/threads/my-765-r-suspension-adjustments.14229/
    https://www.triumphrat.net/threads/share-your-street-rs-suspension-settings.967957/

There's some details on this link that people have done to help.
    Isn't there settings in the owners manual for recommended settings?

3. GrumpyGranpa

GrumpyGranpa Member

Mar 27, 2021
    Nottingham
    Look up Dave Moss Tuning on YouTube look through his earlier videos he is a suspension guru, he explains clearly how to set your bike up to perfection for weight and style of riding even in some videos analysis of tyre wear patterns and what then is wrong with suspension settings, may sound daunting but very well explained and once learnt never forgotten

• Like Like x 2
  4. Guided By Voices

Guided By Voices New Member

Apr 8, 2021
    America
    I've fixed the suspension on my MT 07 using Dave's recommendations, but his suspension settings for the R require you to pay for the full video.

5. GrumpyGranpa

GrumpyGranpa Member

Mar 27, 2021
    Nottingham
    I set my bike up from the videos about setting sag & suspension travel & rebound damping I looked at most of his early videos all I did was follow the instructions, I believe if you ask for the answer that’s when you pay, also he had a number of fixes for MT 07

6. LaBour Mark

LaBour Mark New Member

Aug 1, 2021
    Buford
    I am 220 and went with new springs, rear 10n and my forks are 9n. Perfect for the mountains and track days.

7. Baza

Baza Elite Member

Jul 25, 2020
    Home of Amazing Grace
    I found the factory settings (Road) too harsh. I only go 66kg in normal clothing so adjusted the settings to Comfort. Certainly an improvement but have yet to go through the full routine. You will find that the rear preload is already at the minimum setting.

From the owners handbook starting on page 153 you will find the suspension settings and how to adjust them. The following are excerpts from the manual.
    8D01450B-9AB3-4089-9052-11A7BA6A2C09.jpeg

2432BADD-02B0-499A-AE0B-0C7935212A00.jpeg