Suspension And Tyres

Discussion in 'Speed Triple' started by Rich T, Apr 29, 2022.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Rich T

Rich T New Member

Dec 14, 2019
    Worcestershire
    Hi, Apologies if this has been covered many many times before but I am looking for someone in the south midlands to set up my suspension on my 2018 1050RS, I've never had it done and although I've had a try, I would like to get a pro to set it up.
    Also I bought the bike two years ago and it had just had two new Metzeler Roadtech 02 tyres fitted, they need replacing and would appreciate an opinion on the preferred rubber for this bike, I am not looking for an out and out scratching tyre, but an all round tyre which will cope with wet potholed country roads and also sweeping roads outside of Gloucestershire! Thanks

2. Dawsy

Dawsy Cumbrian half-wit
    Subscriber

Aug 24, 2018
    Cumbria
    Hi Rich, can't help with suspension but I am about to replace my tyres with Michelin Road 5's. Had them on my 2014 Speedy and thought they were brilliant. Everyone I spoke to about them said mileage and grip were superb.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Oldskool

Oldskool Elite Member

Jan 29, 2019
    Hertfordshire
    I’m with Dawsy on the tyres. I’ve just done exactly the same and switched from the original Pirelli’s to Road 5. Have only just got them scrubbed in but they steer great and suit the bike well. Not ridden in the wet yet but early thoughts are very positive. Suspension set up I’ve not thought about too much. It handles perfect as it is so I don’t feel the need to change anything.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Alom

Alom Member

Apr 2, 2022
    New Zealand
    Michelin Road 6. or Bridgestone S22, or PIRELLI Diablo Rosso Corsa II.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Rich T

Rich T New Member

Dec 14, 2019
    Worcestershire
    Thanks Dawsy, there is so many new tyres now it's good to get feedback thanks, Rich

6. Rich T

Rich T New Member

Dec 14, 2019
    Worcestershire
    Thanks Oldskool,

7. Ducatitotriumph

Ducatitotriumph Crème de la Crème

Apr 25, 2019
    Rothwell
    Road 5’s as said above.
    Not needing anything yet so can’t comment on the road 6’s but I suppose they are even better (which is really going some tbh!)

• Like Like x 1
  8. Dawsy

Dawsy Cumbrian half-wit
    Subscriber

Aug 24, 2018
    Cumbria
    Got to be better, just ask Spinal Tap :joy:

• Funny Funny x 1