Suspenders - Legend

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by DCS222, Aug 12, 2017.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. DCS222

DCS222 Guest

I've had my Legend a couple of month now and really enjoying riding and tinkering with it... but one area I would like to improve on is the back lanes handling... we've got some great twisty roads in the lakes, but the the surfaces can be poor and it all ends up being a little too much for the bike. The rear end goes a bit squirrely without too much provocation, leading to a lack of trust. The front end seems ok, but I suspect that's because the rear is attention seeking at the time.
    I know it's a cruiser, and I'm pushing it beyond its remit, but it feels like it wants to do better. I know a lot goes into handling, tyres are one thing I'm looking at (happy for recommendations here too)... and I will be lifting the bike and giving all the linkages a good going over etc. But I wondered what suspension changes you've made are, and whether, pound for pound, it was a worthy investment.

2. Dougie D

Dougie D Crème de la Crème

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    is the rear suspension set on factory settings? if not it might be an idea to set them back to original settings and see if it's any better, if not i would wind it up several clicks and if it's worse wind it back several clicks from standard..if that's still not any better and your tyres are ok a suspension upgrade looks like the answer

• Agree Agree x 4
  3. MickEng

MickEng Noble Member

Sep 29, 2016
    West Yorkshire
    It's a Bonnie you need DC up in't lakes.
    No other bike can cope with the the roads and terrain, it's a known fact. :p