Supercharger anyone?

Discussion in 'Speed Triple' started by Richard H, May 14, 2013.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Richard H

Richard H Noble Member

Oct 26, 2012
    Swadlincote Derbyshire England
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Screwball

Screwball Active Member

Mar 21, 2013
    Kent
    Mental....bit OTT for me.... But if I keep the bike it would be cheaper than getting a new one.....

3. SpankyHam

SpankyHam Member

Apr 17, 2013
    Wrexham, North Wales
    That's very cool, Done a fair bit with go go snails and superchargers on cars and I don't know if bikes are different but I think this ad has missed the point somewhat. The charger creates more pressure (7/8psi) this plus and the 110bhp increase seems outrageous on standard pistons, rings, head etc surely?

Would be very cool and would sound awesome too, its definitely something I would consider doing but just bolt on and go I cant see it myself??

4. chrispy

chrispy Well-Known Member

May 1, 2013
    Salisbury,wiltshire
    sound like you would need to hang on a bit ,not for me must be getting a bit old LOL

5. Richard H

Richard H Noble Member

Oct 26, 2012
    Wonder if Triumph will stand by their two year warranty on the engine:eek: would need to whip the supercharger off if it went bang before going back to the dealer and saying "I was taking my time honest!"
    As my dealer is a member on here, probably not a good idea.

6. workshyfop

workshyfop Member

Feb 26, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Screwball

Screwball Active Member

Mar 21, 2013
    Kent
    If you think that why do you have your bike... It does more than 70!!!! Just...

• Like Like x 2
  8. Richard H

Richard H Noble Member

Oct 26, 2012
    It's not all about the top speed, it's the way it accelerates that's part of the excitement of riding a powerful bike. I personally think the ability to overtake fast exposes you to less danger.

• Like Like x 3
  9. workshyfop

workshyfop Member

Feb 26, 2013
    #9 workshyfop, May 16, 2013
    Last edited: May 16, 2013
    See above. I rest my case. Just sayin', the 1050 is already as quick as shit off a stick, whack that on & you'll have to seriously upgrade the stoppers to match. We all enjoy a grin on a ride, if you want a bigger grin, go racing, or if you just want big grunt - Thunderbird 1700, or bigger still, Rocket 3.

Anyway it's all academic cos' it aint going to happen......or is it? :eek:

• Like Like x 1
  10. Richard H

Richard H Noble Member

Oct 26, 2012
    Noo for that sort of cash I could get a decent enduro, or buy a retro RD 350LC like I had 30 years ago.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Screwball

Screwball Active Member

Mar 21, 2013
    Kent
    The stoppers on my bike are rated at over 200 BHP anyway....as is the suspension... All the gear no idea....

12. Screwball

Screwball Active Member

Mar 21, 2013
    Kent
    Go greenlaning great fun and loads cheaper than the blower...

• Like Like x 1
  13. workshyfop

workshyfop Member

Feb 26, 2013
    I reckon you'd get a much bigger grin with a nice RD350 & much more attention. Well deserves it cult status, shit hot bikes. :biggrin:

• Like Like x 1
  14. Richard H

Richard H Noble Member

Oct 26, 2012
    Very nearly bought one a couple of months ago, was on e bay but very local to me. Was Prety much original, lots of green metal, one key fitted all locks only 9 owners and 21k. Seller even let me take it for a run :biggrin: Lost my nerve on e bay when the bidding went over £4000 . I actualy had the 250 as a 17 year old in 81, amazing that they let you have one on L's but the writing was on the wall then with so many lads wrapping them round lamp posts!
    Not sure what the cheapest way to get one is; buy a wreck cheap then spend loads on getting it right or buy one that's had it all done and pay the premium.

15. mr.h

mr.h Senior Member

May 29, 2013
    Lincolnshire
    me likey...alot! I agree with the quicker overtaking being safer - I had a 2012 blade before this Speed and the motor would spin up and accelerate like a turbine - I do miss that bit but that bit only if that makes sense? I think once I can use all of the Speed's revs for overtaking I will be happier/ grinning like a mad man :upyeah: ( running in as per big T's book) Still the Speed is plenty quick enough to leave most cars for dead and thats good enough for me :biggrin:

• Like Like x 1
  16. Screwball

Screwball Active Member

Mar 21, 2013
    Kent
    Don't think you'll have any issues overtaking... Stuck a exhaust on mine, rolling road and it flies... Def feels faster then the superduke which surprised me...