Sump And Rectifier Guards Fitted

Discussion in 'Bonneville' started by GmanJeff, May 30, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. GmanJeff

GmanJeff Member

Mar 30, 2020
    Virginia, USA
    A little weekend project. The rectifier guard is from Evotech, the sump guard from Motone. Neither came with any instructions. I could not find torque values for the rectifier screws, and used the values Triumph provides for the factory sump guard bolts. I'm unsure how important it is to fit such guards, but I rather liked their appearance and the temptation to "improve" my bike was too much to resist.

I had intended to also fit a R&G Racing sidestand extender, but unlike the images shown online on vendor websites and elsewhere, it arrived with a shiny silver aluminum top plate which, to my taste, was aesthetically unsuitable for a Triumph with a black sidestand, so back it went.

Rectifier Guard.jpg

Sump guard front.jpg

Sump guard full.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  2. Shaun64

Shaun64 Senior Member

Feb 23, 2020
    England
    Evotech fitting instructions are on line and there simple to fallow.

3. GmanJeff

GmanJeff Member

Mar 30, 2020
    Virginia, USA
    I found those, but consider them relatively useless. The rectifier is fitted into two plastic frames which come off the bike when the rectifier is unscrewed, and the Evotech instructions make no reference to them or to their disposition - keep them and fit the guard on top of them, or discard them and fit the guard directly on to the rectifier? I elected to retain them, but remain unsure if that's correct, or if it even matters.

No big deal, certainly, but disappointing they do not include instructions which should be simple enough that they could have been printed on the plastic bag enclosing the product, or included with it in paper form, rather than needing searching out on the Internet.

Still, all's well that ends well, and it hasn't fallen off yet. That said, I haven't ridden the bike since the installation, either!

• Like Like x 1