Suggest Best Street Twin Mods?

Discussion in 'Newbies Hangout' started by Hawaii street twin, May 6, 2021.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Hawaii street twin

Hawaii street twin New Member

May 6, 2021
    Honolulu, HI
    Hi. I am new to the forum and new to the Triumph life. I just bought a beautiful 2017 triumph street twin. The previous owner already did some upgrades. Adjustable shocks, foot pegs, upgraded levers and mirrors, better looking headlight, tires.

I am looking to do some more upgrades and personalizations and was hoping for some advice for good mods. I just bought a 2 to 1 exhaust from British customs I am looking forward to installing. I also am swapping out the front and rear turn signals and break light to clean up the look of the bike a bit. New, smaller handle bar clamps as well. Thinking of switching out the seat too, but haven't found the "perfect" one.

Does anyone out there have any more suggestions about good mods for the Street Twin?
    Much appreciated. Happy to stumble across this forum.

2. Pegscraper

Pegscraper Elite Member

Jun 12, 2020
    Yorkshire
    You don't say if the previous owner fitted progressive fork springs but I found them a useful upgrade for both handling and comfort on the Street Scrambler, a similar bike and well worth the money.

• Like Like x 1
  3. David Cooper

David Cooper Triumph Rocketeer.
    Subscriber

Welcome to he forum.

gump (1).gif

• Like Like x 1
  4. RevPaul

RevPaul Senior Member

Apr 21, 2020
    Cheshire, UK
    I agree. TEC's progressive front springs are the best value for money upgrade, loving mine on the Street cup which uses the same forks. I didn't use their preload adjuster caps so it rides little softer than stock but I thought stock was a little hard.

Enjoy the journey.

• Like Like x 2
  5. andyc1

andyc1 Lunarville 7, Airlock 3

Feb 4, 2017
    N. Ireland
    Welcome to the forum :)

• Like Like x 1
  6. steve lovatt

steve lovatt Something else

May 12, 2014
    North Yorkshire
    Hi and welcome to the forum :cool:

• Like Like x 1
  7. Notso

Notso Senior Member

Dec 17, 2018
    Solihull
    Hi and welcome.
    My view on best value performance upgrades on pre-2019;
    For power TEC cam
    For brakes EBC HH pads
    For handling, new tryres, eg. Scorpion Trail II, Avon storm 3 etc.

For looks you could go worse than watch the View from the Man Cave videos for ideas. I got a selection of the grey parts powder coated, much cheaper than buying black Triumph parts. I sprayed the speedo bezel black. I did something similar to the budget home made tail tidy on the videos as well. Also removed the fork reflectors with dental tape and WD40 and replaced with black reflective tape.

For safety I added LED drl lights, taking power from the horn using a piggyback spade connector.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Helmut Visor

Helmut Visor Only dead fish go with the flow
    Subscriber

Oct 3, 2018
    Three Counties
    Aloha HST :cool:

• Like Like x 1
  9. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Hi and welcome…

• Like Like x 1
  10. Hawaii street twin

Hawaii street twin New Member

May 6, 2021
    Honolulu, HI
    Hi everyone. Thank you for welcoming me to the forum. The TEC's progressive front springs sound like a good idea. As does the EBC HH pads. I already have the Avon storm tires.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Tiglet

Tiglet Vintage Member

Mar 28, 2016
    Cheshire
    Hello HST and welcome to the forum :)