Featured Sturgis Trip On My (non) Triumph

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by Sandi T, Aug 17, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Dartplayer

Dartplayer Crème de la Crème

Aug 8, 2018
    New Zealand
    Epic adventure well documented with facts, photos, good food and travel tips.
    Thanks @Sandi T. you have done yourself proud.
    Now back to reality and planning the next adventure, cannot wait :cool:

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  2. Sandi T

Sandi T It's ride o'clock somewhere!
    Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    Oh, yes, Annie was thrilled when we walked through the door! :D That said, she did great while we were gone with her new dog sitter. The dog sitter I've had for 12 years is moving to Washington in a couple of weeks. We did a "trial run" overnighter with the new dog sitter a couple of weeks before heading to Sturgis which made us all (including Annie!) feel much more comfortable. Our new gal works remotely via computer so she could spend most of the day with Annie. It's always nice to know that someone is also sitting our house in addition to our dog, too. Thanks for the nice comment re. the thread, Vulpes. :) Glad you enjoyed it.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    You're welcome, Cyborgbot! Get out on that bike and do a trip--life's too short to simply think about it! ;) What's the thread you referenced? I'd like to check that one out.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    Thanks, Billy! I'll plan to share photos and stories from our October Las Vegas trip, too. :)

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    Thanks, Joe! The stories nearly wrote themselves and there were so many great photo ops. I took all those pics with my iPhone. I was thinking I should have brought what I call my "big daddy camera" ( a nice Canon DSLR) with me but didn't want to haul it around for that many days and miles. Shoulda, woulda, coulda.... Maybe I'll take the Canon to Vegas!

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    Thanks, Bikerman! You are so right about having some fantastic memories. I I really enjoyed sharing my trip with you guys. In a way it made me notice some things even more knowing that I wanted to share the experience with the forum. Vegas Bike Fest, here we come! :D

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    Thanks, Dartplayer! I appreciate your feedback. Yes, back to reality--part of which is planning our next adventure! And I really do enjoy the planning and the anticipation as well as the trips themselves. Speaking of "well documented with facts", that was fun for me. I learned some new things about places on our trip, too. :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Cyborgbot

Cyborgbot Guest

#88 Cyborgbot, Aug 27, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 28, 2019
    I’m not sure where the posts properly start, but around here in the ‘what have you done in ur triumph’ thread.

https://www.thetriumphforum.com/threads/what-you-been-doing-with-your-triumph-today.219/page-592

I think for epic journeys it worth startling a dedicated thread as you have to flick through all our general musings before finding the next post if it melds with another thread. Still - there’s some great photos from along the way and worth looking at. Well done @capt!

• Useful Useful x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    I may just take you up on that offer to go there for a forum meet up, DD! :) Thanks for your positive feedback and comments on my trip writeup. I truly enjoyed sharing our adventures with words and pictures. The only thing that would have been better is if you'd all been on the ride and trip with me! :grinning:

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  10. David Cooper

David Cooper Triumph Rocketeer.
    Subscriber

Thank you Sandi, for this brilliant thread with awesome photo's.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  11. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Sandi T
    I don't think you could get much better than the pictures you posted they are fantastic. And your story well it was so well told I felt I was there. You are amazing. And your group is great.
    Regards
    Joe.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  12. Foxy1

Foxy1 Crème de la Crème

Aug 31, 2018
    Sheffield
    I didn't pick up on this thread, until yesterday, and just finished reading it. It was SO enjoyable. Thank you for taking the time and effort to write it, Sandi. Much appreciated.

• Like Like x 3
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    Hi there, Foxy1. Glad you landed on this thread that you you enjoyed it! It was my pleasure to write it and to share our adventures in words and photos. Thanks for your positive response!

• Like Like x 4
  14. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    What a terrific jacket, @Bikerman! Thanks for sharing the photos of it. Very cool. :cool:

15. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    Wow!! That is truly an amazing jacket, Bikerman!! :grinning: What's cool is I'm sure there are a lot of stories that it can get started.....

• Agree Agree x 1