Thruxton Strongfuel Smell

Discussion in 'Thruxton, Scrambler & Trident' started by Ken walburn, Apr 10, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Ken walburn

Ken walburn Noble Member

Jun 28, 2017
    Essex
    My TTR has been parked up in my garage for two weeks. Last ride out, noticed more fuel being used. Yesterday walked into garage to be greeted by a very strong smell of fuel. Visual check revealed nothing amis. Allowed garage to clear of fumes. Same again this morning. Have booked in with Jack Lille's Romford on Monday for diagnosis. Made them aware of fuel pump wiring harness issue/fuel leak (recall). They assured me my machine not affected. We shall see. Will report back with the findings :(:confused:

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. Ken walburn

Ken walburn Noble Member

Jun 28, 2017
    Essex
    Well..... I traced the fuel smell from the filler cap area. Spoke to the dealer prior to taking bike in. It was suggested that the fuel tank venting system might have a restriction, possibly due to running fuel level too low, which I had last ride out. So I removed breather/vent pipe from left hand (as you sit on ) underside of tank. Applied a squirt of compressed air through the tank outlet& checked the rubber tubing for any obstruction( none found)
    Refilled tank , went for a ride, parked up in garage. Problem solved, fuel smell now gone. So I cancelled the appointment at the dealer. I am wondering if this work would have been carried out under warranty anyway as it could be blamed on dirty fuel?

• Like Like x 1