Street Twin Wheels Paint.

Discussion in 'Bonneville' started by macamxthe1st, Nov 28, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. macamxthe1st

macamxthe1st Well-Known Member

I have a few annoying "chips" on the rear wheel of my Street Twin wheels and so far I am on about my fifth try to match up the finish without any real success. Anybody help, please.

Geoff.

• Like Like x 1
  2. capt

capt Elite Member

May 8, 2016
    western Australia
    Just ride it , my 09 America has many chips, they are all reminders that IvI' ridden it for 111,000 klms ! Just replaced the rear wheel bearings and swapped the ball and race head stem bearings for tappered roller bearing. Two days of No wheels !!! All good now even with the chips..

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  3. Eldon

Eldon Elite Member

Nov 14, 2018
    North Yorkshire
    Umm interesting!
    When you say chips can you expand on what you mean?

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Geoff
    Try RS Paint services. They match most bike colours. Not sure about wheels. But they are quite good. Not the cheapest around. But if it takes your mind of it its been worth. I do know where you are coming from. I hate it when I get a mark on my bikes.
    Regards
    Joe.

5. Yorkshireman

Yorkshireman Crème de la Crème

Dec 12, 2015
    Barnsley
    Powder coat over the winter, nice new looking wheels for next year?

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Eldon

Eldon Elite Member

Nov 14, 2018
    North Yorkshire
    #6 Eldon, Dec 10, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2018
    Reason I ask, is the bike relatively new?

My 765 at 550 mile old had a tyre change due to the weather conditions, time of year blah blah blah. The tyre fitter was ultra careful and I watched him like a hawk!
    When the stuck on wheel weight was removed it pulled a small finger nail size scab of powder coating off.
    Triumph have been brilliant with a fast response by knowledgeable staff and the outcome looks promising .
    Since then a further same size scab came off with a light jet wash about a centimetre away from the first.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Eldon

Eldon Elite Member

Nov 14, 2018
    North Yorkshire
    Stuck on balance weight removed. Rear wheel 765 rs.

20181130_140418.jpg

• Agree Agree x 1