Street Twin Spacer For Footrest

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Alan Jones, Dec 22, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Alan Jones

Alan Jones New Member

Dec 20, 2015
    Bolton UK
    Hi. I have a 2017 Street Twin with 2 into 1 high level exhaust with Vance and Hines can. The problem is the passenger getting their foot on the passenger footrest next to a hot exhaust. It needs a spacer to move it out. Does anyone know if one exists?
    Thanks in advance.

• Like Like x 1
  2. fripnchips

fripnchips Member

Sep 20, 2019
    Reading
    Don't know about for this bike but ii had similar on my old one and got a mate to knock up one in his workshop for afew beers. Might be worth contacting a couple of engineering shops..

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Alan Jones
    Don't know the bike. But I had these bits lying in my garage and don't know if they would be any good. If you think you could use them pm an address and I will stick them in the post to you. They will need a good clean or painting.
    Happy Christmas.
    Joe. 1.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  4. Alan Jones

Alan Jones New Member

Dec 20, 2015
    Bolton UK
    Hi Joe. First of all thanks for the reply. And secondly I wouldn't like to waste your time and postage money. Of which I will gladly pay for.
    Looking at the pictures ,will they bend up like normal footrests do using the brackets?
    If I us these I'm not worried about having to polish them. I could always have them galvanized.
    Sorry if there are so many questions about the item.
    I noticed your a Bonneville man in your write up. As I came back to Triumphs. I was all for the Tiger. But now getting long in the tooth and Tiger being to heavy for me. I'm am also going back to a Bonneville, with a slightly different name on the end. Not even rode it yet, it's a winter buy.
    Anyway, I'll stop going on. I look forward to your reply and all the festive cheers go to you.
    Regards Alan

5. Alan Jones

Alan Jones New Member

Dec 20, 2015
    Bolton UK
    Hi. Thanks for the reply. Your right about having them knocked up at a local engineering company. In fact my lad is a welder, I will ask him first. Maybe buy him a beer. Thanks again. Alan

6. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Alan Jones.
    No sorry looking at them closely they would not be right it looks like they are a solid fit. Sorry. I looked at my Bonnie if yours are similar can't you fit a spacer and longer bolt through. When I see my Boy I will have a look at the ones he took of my 675 it has high levels but I feel they were quite short.
    Happy Christmas.
    Joe.

7. Alan Jones

Alan Jones New Member

Dec 20, 2015
    Bolton UK
    Hi Joe. Thanks again for taking the time out to reply. I'm going to have a word with my son-in-law and see what he can do. All the best to you. Alan

• Like Like x 2
  8. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Alan Jones.
    Yes get you Christmas over and then sort it. If you have no luck do pop back on as there are some very clever peeps here that will have you sorted in no time atall.
    Happy Christmas.
    Joe