Street Twin Panniers

Discussion in 'Bonneville' started by beerkat, Oct 4, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. beerkat

beerkat Senior Member

Aug 14, 2019
    Cheshire UK
    Just wondering if anyone has fitted side panniers to a bike with shocks carrying the remote (piggy back) adjuster, such as the Fox or TEC shocks.
    I've got the TEC shocks and I'm trying to find a system that fits. I wanted the SW-Motech panniers but the adjuster gets in the way of the bracket.
    I phoned a local Triumph dealer and asked if the Triumph pannier brackets would clear the remote shock adjuster. Of course he didn't know.
    The TEC and Motone brackets look pretty similar to the Triumph ones. Guess I could ask them.
    Anyone got a solution?

• Useful Useful x 1
  2. beerkat

beerkat Senior Member

Aug 14, 2019
    Cheshire UK
    I thought of that but to me that would just not look right, aesthetics are important! Also thought about mounting them the other way up (I remember seeing Guzzi Le Mans in the 80's with Marzocchi shocks set up that way). The right hand shock would foul the chain guard.

• Useful Useful x 1
  3. Notso

Notso Senior Member

Dec 17, 2018
    Solihull
    I fitted Givi bars and Kappa pannier (Think the companies are related), they fix off the foot peg, top suspension bolt and under seat towards the back. The bars are very different to the standard loop ones with a square shape to fix the bag to. Standard shocks though sorry, but I think it has a chance of fitting, hope this pic helps, don't have one without bag to hand will try and get a pic of that when I get a chance;
    Screenshot_20191004-173313_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20191004-173313_Gallery.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  4. Notso

Notso Senior Member

Dec 17, 2018
    Solihull
    Just a thought, have you checked with TEC if their bars fit, just seen a pic on the web with one fitted over the TEC shocks.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. beerkat

beerkat Senior Member

Aug 14, 2019
    Cheshire UK
    Did cross my mind but it's an expensive way to acquire a pannier (I only want one side) for occasional use. There will be some manufacturers at the NEC show so I'll see what they've got. Someone must have thought of this.

• Useful Useful x 1
  6. beerkat

beerkat Senior Member

Aug 14, 2019
    Cheshire UK
    Thanks for that. It's difficult to tell for sure but I'm not convinced that it would clear the remote.
    I'll contact TEC as Notso suggests, but I can wait until the NEC show in November.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Kenbro

Kenbro Noble Member

Jul 9, 2019
    Manchester, UK
    BC5DDFD4-9234-4FBF-A789-B6237C3E526C.jpeg Here’s a pic of mine.
    Regards,Ken.

• Like Like x 1
  8. beerkat

beerkat Senior Member

Aug 14, 2019
    Cheshire UK
    Are those piggy back shocks? What make is that gear?

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Kenbro

Kenbro Noble Member

Jul 9, 2019
    Manchester, UK
    Hi,
    The shocks are Fox (Piggy back) fitted by dealer from new.

I bought the pannier setup from a member here and they came off a Thruxton.
    I had a problem in that the leatherette ‘Bits’ that screw to the frame and join to the panniers had different hole centres where they fitted to the frame under the seat.
    The metal parts fitted properly and the stuff does appear to be genuine Triumph.
    Cheers,Ken.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Notso

Notso Senior Member

Dec 17, 2018
    Solihull
    As promised, the Givi frame without bag, from a couple of angles to help you judge. Good luck with your final choice;
    20191006_144210.jpg
    20191006_165548.jpg

• Useful Useful x 1
  11. beerkat

beerkat Senior Member

Aug 14, 2019
    Cheshire UK
    Thanks Notso for taking the trouble. That might just work. Here's a pic showing the TEC shock on my ST.

Triumph Forum pics Sept 2019 - 1 of 1 (6).jpg

12. beerkat

beerkat Senior Member

Aug 14, 2019
    Cheshire UK
    Notso, do you happen to recall the manufacturers model code for those Givi rails? Is it TMT 6407?

13. Notso

Notso Senior Member

Dec 17, 2018
    Solihull
    Yep, that's them, I ordered from The Sportsbikeshop

14. 45Brit2017

45Brit2017 Well-Known Member

May 30, 2017
    UK
    I’ve got one if those little triangular leather side bags the Harley boys use, attached to the throw-over guard loop. Looks a bit odd but it’s quite useful.

15. jiggson Grub

jiggson Grub New Member

Nov 29, 2018
    London
    I presume you have sorted this by now, but I had the TEC shocks and the SW-Motech Panniers...fitted the shocks piggy back side facing forward...and it all works like a dream

J

16. beerkat

beerkat Senior Member

Aug 14, 2019
    Cheshire UK
    Yeah, all sorted thanks but an interesting solution. I went for TEC pannier rails and a Kriega pannier. It works fine and the size is more in scale with the Street Twin than Triumph's pannier.

• Like Like x 1