Street Twin Oil Leak

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Campioli Alessandro, Aug 6, 2021.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Campioli Alessandro

Campioli Alessandro New Member

Jul 22, 2021
    Italia
    Salve qualcuno sa a cosa serve questo buco nel mezzo della tazza? Ho fatto delle foto in rete e forse all'interno passa una valvola di sovrapressione? perchè ogni tanto ci trovo una goccia d'olio, la moto è in garanzia e 400km ma prima di far smontare tutta la culla per smontarla volevo sapere a cosa serve.

s-l1600 (1).jpg

s-l1600 (2).jpg

• Like Like x 1
  2. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    ?

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Iron

Iron Guest

#3 Iron, Aug 7, 2021
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 7, 2021
    Italian translation from t'tinternet:

Hi does anyone know what this hole in the middle of the cup is for? I took some pictures on the net and maybe an overpressure valve passes inside? because every now and then I find a drop of oil there, the bike is under warranty and 400km but before having the whole cradle disassembled to take it apart I wanted to know what it is for.

It's the sump from a Street Twin or Speed Twin or T120 or Bobber thingies - edit: damn just saw the title Silly Arse :rolleyes:

The little hole is to carry any overspill from the water pump. It has a couple of 'o' rings to keep it away from the oil while the water leaks out through the sump. Maybe the 'o' rings need replacing (number 5 on diagram)

Italian version;

Il piccolo foro serve per trasportare eventuali fuoriuscite dalla pompa dell'acqua. Ha un paio di "o" ring per tenerlo lontano dall'olio mentre l'acqua fuoriesce dalla coppa. Forse gli "o" ring devono essere sostituiti (numero 5 nel diagramma)

water pump.jpg

(I think that was jolly fine of me as I actually know nothing about the new Thailand models, or any Italian. So I may be a mile wide) :expressionless: Over...

• Like Like x 3
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1