Street Twin Handlebar Raisers

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Tony Richardson, Oct 24, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Tony Richardson

Tony Richardson Active Member

Sep 15, 2018
    Norwich
    Has anyone fitted handlebar raisers to their ST, I would like to raise my bars a little as I find I’m getting neck ache on longer runs, any recommended raisers?

2. JPo

JPo Member

Nov 13, 2018
    Norfolk
    Hi Tony, I have the same problem, serious neck ache on long runs after only about 90 minutes and am only 5ft 3” so am a bit stretched forward. I’ve researched for hours and spoken to Lings, I eventually did find risers in the USA via Triumphrat ( Jack be Quick) and ordered them, circa £45 but note you have to pay VAT when they arrive in UK which was a surprise to me ! I was astonished that no one else e.g motec etc do them but then realised why after talking to Lings as Triumph advise against as there is so little slack in the cabling. Am still undecided as to whether to try fitting them for fear of invalidating my warranty but am also thinking of just rotating the bars forward to see if that makes any comfort difference at all. I have also designed/made a sheepskin seat pad which makes sitting nearer the tank more comfy! Good luck. Jackie

• Like Like x 1
  3. Repooh

Repooh Rarely Satisfied

Jan 5, 2018
    Stabby Town
    I have fitted the Jack be Quick 7/8 risers to my ST, took the dealership about five minutes. Can't go higher as there is not enough cable/line slack. No issues so far been on a couple of months. Paid some small import duty.

Changed stock grips for barrel, combination has helped greatly, I was getting numbness within a few miles, now rarely at all

• Like Like x 4
  4. JPo

JPo Member

Nov 13, 2018
    Norfolk
    I thought I would provide an update as I have now fitted the Jack Be Quick 7/8th (22mm) risers to my ST. I decided despite the dealership recommending no, I would see if it was doable as I already had the risers. With two people its easier, one to hold the handlebars up/risers in place and the other to put in the bolts underneath. There was just enough slack in the cables/more if you rotate the bars back slightly. You need a couple of different size allen or hex keys (sorry don't know the sizes - the one for tightening the new longer bolt that comes with the JBQ risers is quite large) and a torque wrench if you want to be absolutely accurate (the clamp bolts should be tightened to 24nm). Once in place and tightened, because I rotated the bars back very slightly I then needed to adjust the position of the levers and switch gear which was equally easy, just a few screws loosened and tightened once gear in the right place. Double check all the wires/cables with the bike on full steering lock both ways to make sure nothing is being strained or catching. I have been out today for a ride and although I only used the small riser, its definitely improved my riding position significantly so all good with no shoulder ache and definitely worth the £45 plus £15 vat/postal fee plus an hour of my time. I don't believe the large riser JBQ sell would work on the ST - 1.25'' or 32 mm would be too much of a stretch for the cables etc. I have pasted in the link to their website below. The guy who owns the business in the USA is very helpful and speedy at posting the handlebar spacers as they call them.
    http://jack-be-quick.com/products/for-chain-driven-bikes/

Despite having a new bike, I am really enjoying doing things myself like adding the centre stand, crash bars, risers etc as I feel like I'm getting to know my bike. All good fun!

• Like Like x 3
  5. Tony Richardson

Sep 15, 2018
    Norwich
    What diameter spacers did you buy please?

6. Repooh

Repooh Rarely Satisfied

Jan 5, 2018
    Stabby Town
    This is what I ordered .

Handlebar Spacers (Type: Matte Black Finish Spacers with Bolts, Ship To:: Europe, Spacer diameter: 1.25 inch, Spacer Height:..7/8

• Like Like x 1
  7. JPo

JPo Member

Nov 13, 2018
    Norfolk
    Hi Tony,

I wondered how you got on with fitting the risers?I missed your question but as you ordered what I did, it looks like you worked it out.
    Jackie

QUOTE="Repooh, post: 235172, member: 8830"]This is what I ordered .

Handlebar Spacers (Type: Matte Black Finish Spacers with Bolts, Ship To:: Europe, Spacer diameter: 1.25 inch, Spacer Height:..7/8[/QUOTE]

8. Tony Richardson

Sep 15, 2018
    Norwich