Street Twin Bits Wanted

Discussion in 'Wanted' started by beerkat, Aug 9, 2021.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. beerkat

beerkat Senior Member

Aug 14, 2019
    Cheshire UK
    I'm looking for a Street Twin handlebar clamp from the 2nd generation model. That's the black clamp, not the alloy (silver) one from the 1st gen. I've got a 1st gen ST and fancy making a few more changes. If a 2nd gen owner has fitted fat bars and wants to sell the original black clamp, then you've got a buyer (probably).
    Alternatively, if anyone wants to swop their very boring black clamp for my nice alloy one then let me know!

OR, does anyone have a kit to fit fat bars to a ST, that they want to move on? Maybe you're selling your bike and trying to decide whether or not to refit the original bars. Well I've made the decision for you! Switch back to the original bars and sell the kit to me for a very reasonable price.

• Useful Useful x 1
  2. Notso

Notso Senior Member

Dec 17, 2018
    Solihull
    I sent my handle bar clamp, headlight mounts and intake covers for powder coating. Just thought I'd mention as it's another option.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. beerkat

beerkat Senior Member

Aug 14, 2019
    Cheshire UK
    Yes, I thought of that but I like the 2nd gen handlebar clamp in black with the logo in silver (or alloy or whatever), not all black. I've had the bike for 4 years and 6000 miles and I'm still undecided about the headlight mount. Sometimes I like it as it is, sometimes I think it would look better in black and other times I'm tempted to bin it altogether and use Motone parts to mount the headlight on the forks. What a quandary!
    I was browsing at Youles in Manchester today (TEC camshaft installation) and checking the variety of handlebars and clamps on an assortment of bikes. I'm also tempted to switch the naff chrome top nut on my ST for a brushed alloy one from the Thruxton (around £35 I think). It's the only chrome bit on the bike, so really has to go. Aesthetics eh?

4. Notso

Notso Senior Member

Dec 17, 2018
    Solihull
    4 years, are you sure you are not rushing things!

I am at 3 years, part of my enjoyment of the Street Twin has been the winter projects, tweaking things. I have done a few of the things on the View from the Man Cave Youtube videos. The home made tail tidy, paint the Speedo bezel and mirror backs. Also things like the powder coating (actually went for burgundy intake covers like the plug caps, wheel line and logo). I also played around with front combined drl/indicators, but ended up going for genuine Triumph LED and seperate drl. Then there are the bits like headlight bezel, front mudgaurd extender and black machined filler cap.

20201108_145149.jpg

5. beerkat

beerkat Senior Member

Aug 14, 2019
    Cheshire UK
    Hey, we got the same fuel cap! DSC_2031 (1).jpg

I went for the Motone tail tidy, bullet indicators, side panels, fuel cap and X-pipe. TEC end cans, shocks and adjustable footpegs. Down&Out front mudguard. British Customs chain guard. Triumph bar end mirrors, barrel grips and wire wheels (from the T100). LSL brake fluid reservoir. Custom seat.
    And there are the bits you can't see, like the TEC camshaft.

I reckon you need a black fuel tank to complete the job ;)

• Like Like x 1