Street Triple Rs Gearing Qaundry..?

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by Keiran Lockton, Nov 7, 2021.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Keiran Lockton

Keiran Lockton New Member

Nov 7, 2021
    Hastings
    Hiya Guys and Gals... New here, and first time triumph/proper road bike owner (2019 Street Triple Rs 765 with 3k in the clock). Been around bikes forever and owned and worked on more than I can remember, so no stranger to how it all works, and if sommint feels right or wrong, but sommint definetly dosen't feel quite right with my recent addition to the family ‍♂️ I've upgraded the tyres, and dialed the suspension in a bit which has, made a huge diffence to how it feels/rides but one thing I am not sure about is... The clutch/gearbox/Gearing, feels off somehow..? First seems to me at times too labour a bit harder than expected, especially with a pillion which I found out today.. Then up through 2nd,3rd,4th all feels dandy and am getting the expected dip in revs when shifting up, as the bike digs a bit deeper and puts the extra torque to the ground but.. Really hard to explain.. When I then shift up to 5th and then through to 6th, it feels like on a two stroke when you hit the power band, like you could throw another ten gears at it and it would still sound and feel the same..‍♂️ If that makes any sense..?‍♂️ Lol.. Wondering whether my clutch maybe toast, or wether they're just like that ‍♂️ Hope that made some sense, and would be great to hear other feedback.. Tia