Street Triple Rs 2021 Bluetooth Question

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Blooka, Apr 2, 2022.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Blooka

Blooka New Member

Aug 6, 2021
    selby
    Hi all
    just purchased a 2021 street triple rs
    i thought bluetooth was standard on this year but i cant connect my phone when i search, i have downloaded the app but still no luck
    can anyone tell me if the bluetooth module is extra?
    many thanks
    Dave

2. Ducatitotriumph

Ducatitotriumph Crème de la Crème

Apr 25, 2019
    Rothwell
    #2 Ducatitotriumph, Apr 3, 2022
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2022
    Hi there,
    The module is an option that was released for the bike but it wasn’t standard.
    I had it fitted to the speed triple rs and it was about £200 all in.
    ps, used it twice. Failed both times as the app crashes and the display fails to update. On two iphones btw so not a phone issue (unless your phone is handy, you have to get it out and re-start it).
    Conclusion (for me anyway) is not worth it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. andyc1

andyc1 Lunarville 7, Airlock 3

Feb 4, 2017
    N. Ireland
    Yeah you have to buy a bluetooth module from Triumph. The new street triple has the features built in to the dash but you still have to buy the module. I have it on a KTM, while it works perfectly fine, I don't like it as it only gives you turn by turn directions and street names on the dash. You have to mount your phone on the bars if you want an actual map. Can't import routes you make with the likes of MyRouteapp either. Not worth it IMO. A bike dedicated sat-nav is far superior.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Blooka

Blooka New Member

Aug 6, 2021
    selby
    Thanks for the reply guys
    think i will take your advice and save myself 200 quid
    cheers dave

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. com5984

com5984 New Member

Mar 26, 2022
    Sydney
    I have one on my 2018 RS and I love it, it connects with my Sena and my cheap chinese phone.
    I had one issue with the triumph navigation app freezing but that was down to my phone not having service in a rural area, where the reception is good there are no issues.

6. Baza

Baza Elite Member

Jul 25, 2020
    Home of Amazing Grace
    There are a couple of related threads running on this subject, have a look in Recent Posts.

The advice would appear to be don’t.

7. Ridelikerossi

Ridelikerossi New Member

Jan 22, 2023
    New zealand
    Definitely get the Bluetooth module. It is 100% worth it if you have a headset . Phone calls, navigation, music( volume control. Change song on Playlist. Online radio etc )go pro, text messages( albeit you have to stop to read text messages but can read on dash and need to stop to find contacts) all controlled on your switch block. Highly highly recommended. But make sure you have head set otherwise not really worth . I use sena and bloody good. Just traded street triple rs for new speed triple rs that has Bluetooth module integrated in bike so whoever buys my old street is in for a treat if they have headset . I honestly love the Bluetooth option and music control on the fly so cool