675 Street Triple R Engine Light On

Discussion in 'Street Triple' started by JDStriple, Jul 10, 2017.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. JDStriple

JDStriple New Member

Jun 15, 2017
    France
    I've got a 2011 Striple 675 R.

When I turn the bike to 'on' before 'ignite' all the check lights come on and then turn off except the 'check engine light'.... the light immediately disappears when I turn the key to ignition and run the engine.

The only thing that has changed in the bike is that my friend rode my bike and when he came to a stand-still he nearly dropped it on its side. We caught it before it hit the deck but other than that there's been nothing I can think of and now the check engine light is staying lit when the key is turned to 'on'?!

Please help

Thanks

2. Sprinter

Sprinter Kinigit

Aug 17, 2014
    uk
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. JDStriple

JDStriple New Member

Jun 15, 2017
    France
    I've made 4 journeys since then but two of those were paricularly short (5 mins or so) so I'm not sure it'd quite count. Is it supposed to be 3 heat cycles in a row as in on the same day?

I've read in other threads that turning the bike on/off 3 times over a few seconds in succession has worked for others??

Thanks

4. Sprinter

Sprinter Kinigit

Aug 17, 2014
    uk
    It would depend if the bike cooled between rides, look at the ecu tune website would be my advice mate.

5. JDStriple

JDStriple New Member

Jun 15, 2017
    France
    I'll give it another full whack ride and see if it changes anything. Thanks for the tips pal

6. Tatami

Tatami Member

Nov 25, 2019
    Peninsula Arabica
    Same thing is happening now after my bike dropped following a light accident a month ago

7. Sprinter

Sprinter Kinigit

Aug 17, 2014
    uk
    Does a trip switch need reset?

8. tim8061

tim8061 Member

Dec 28, 2019
    Gloucester
    I understand it's 3 cycles, from cold up to temp and back to cold. Time elapsed is probably irrelevant.

• Agree Agree x 2