675 Street Triple R Chain Lube And Rear Paddock Stand

Discussion in 'Street Triple' started by Libe, Jun 27, 2017.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Libe

Libe New Member

Mar 7, 2017
    Hampshire
    Hi everyone,
    This is my first post since I bought my new street triple R 2016 3 months ago and have had registered in the forum.
    Just the fact that we can communicate our problems or stories, and to know new people via this forum is amazing.
    I'm in love with my ST, and everyday I keep my mind open for a new lesson from her.
    I use it mainly for commuting, and from time to time simply to enjoy the ride. I've made more than 2000 miles since I bought it.
    I need to ask for help regarding 2 things:
    1- How many times do i have to clean and lube the chain?
    2- What rear paddock stand can be fitting properly in my bike?
    I've found this one and it looks interesting.
    http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/motorcycle/rear-stands/warrior-racing-rear-paddock-stand
    Thanks and ride safe!

2. Libe

Libe New Member

Mar 7, 2017
    Hampshire
    Thank you very much for the help. i also need the wee bobbins, so I'll have to find them around as well. An d thanks for the welcomming message.

3. MickEng

MickEng Noble Member

Sep 29, 2016
    West Yorkshire
    Welcome to the forum Libe.
    If you're using the bike for regular commuting I would look at fitting an auto chain oiler. Scottoiler or similar.
    Have a look at Abba stands as well

4. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

Hi mate and welcome

5. Libe

Libe New Member

Mar 7, 2017
    Hampshire
    Hi andyc1,
    I was looking at the bike manual and I can't find the bobbins size.
    I asked to a friend and we think is going to be the 8mm one.
    Can I fit any bobbin from the market as is very confusing when looking at references online for genuine Triumph's ones?
    I've found these ones:
    http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/motor...ries/pro-bolt-aluminium-paddock-stand-bobbins
    What do you think?

6. Libe

Libe New Member

Mar 7, 2017
    Hampshire
    Hi MickEng,
    Thanks for the suggestion, I found quite interesting the Scottoiler. For now I want to take care of the bike and clean the chain regularly. That way I learn a bit more mechanic stuffs.
    The Abba stands attracted me a lot, but the price is a bit expensive in their website. I'll have a look to see if I can find an affordable alternative :)
    Thank you very much

• Like Like x 1
  7. Libe

Libe New Member

Mar 7, 2017
    Hampshire
    Thank you mate!

• Like Like x 1