Street Triple R 2009 Horn & Indicator Fault - Now Won't Start!

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by gazzatheyid, Jan 29, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. gazzatheyid

gazzatheyid Senior Member

Dec 22, 2016
    Shropshire
    #1 gazzatheyid, Jan 29, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2018
    Hi guys,

Frank Spencer of the mechanic world here. Horn and right mirror indicator , and left body (front) indicator lights are out. MOT due soon and know it's pointless putting it through. Fuse or bulbs gone I'm guessing but haven't got a clue where I'm looking for the fuse.

Update - engine now won't start after a clean with coolant light and and temperature going up and down cutting ignition.

What am I looking for from the photo? The fluid is low in the radiator tank?? From looking do I need to add OAT mix to the min line? http://www.halfords.com/motoring/en.../halfords-oat-ready-mixed-antifreeze-2-litres

Sorry mechanics not my bag at all :(

Any advice appreciated. Cheers guys

20180204_152107.jpg

2. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

Try looking in the fuse box :joy:

Sorry mate I couldn’t resist :p
    If you’ve got a owner handbook it should tell you where the fuses are located :)

3. gazzatheyid

Dec 22, 2016
    Shropshire
    Yep been trying to dig it out :)

4. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

:eek:You shouldn’t have buried it :(
    Keep it somewhere safe for reference :p
    Hopefully someone who knows will be along to help soon :)

• Like Like x 1
  5. Sprinter

Sprinter Kinigit

Aug 17, 2014
    uk
    Just have a look .Report back.

6. gazzatheyid

Dec 22, 2016
    Shropshire
    Thanks for this Dozer.

I gave it a clean and was looking at replacing the fuses. Anyway so thought it would be a good opportunity to give it a clean.

Now the blooming thing won't start with the coolant red light cutting the engine before it starts and the temperature indicator going up and down. Will check the ignition fuse as well although not 100% what I'm looking at having taken the seat off.

Battery Ok and fuel ok for sure. Will try some hair dryer treatment to try and get any wet out and my am going to try bumping it down the road in a bit. Any thoughts appreciated.

Cheers guys