765 Street Triple Oem Heated Grips 'upgrade'

Discussion in 'Street Triple' started by Rich Bryce, Dec 17, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Rich Bryce

Rich Bryce Dead Eye Dick

Sep 18, 2015
    Bedford
    The current Street Triple oem heated grips should have three heat settings, but 'out of the box' there's only two. Here's how to get the third.

Go to your dealer. Tell them there is a software upgrade. If it's news to them tell them to phone Triumph technical help.

One of our customers at Woburn complained her heated grips didn't get hot enough. She pointed out the manual says three settings, but only two are operating. That's evidently true of every new fitting. So we phoned Triumph and got the software link. Now she has three settings. We are now contacting all our customers who have bought the grips to get them in for the software upgrade.

• Useful Useful x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

Would that include NUDGERS heated grips as well :)
    Or not :sob:
    After all NUDGER is a 2018 Speedmaster and currently has 2 heat settings :confused:

3. Rich Bryce

Rich Bryce Dead Eye Dick

Sep 18, 2015
    Bedford
    I'm not sure Dilli. What does the manual say?

4. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

:confused: Never read it :eek:

5. cinnabull

cinnabull Well-Known Member

Apr 4, 2020
    Here and There
    Had mine done today, when I took my bike in for the Brembo recall. My local dealer was actually unaware of this until I suggested there is a software upgrade available to enable the 3 settings. Once made aware they said they will do it when the pads are in. I only found this out due to this forum.

Stuart

• Like Like x 2
  6. Shaun64

Shaun64 Senior Member

Feb 23, 2020
    England
    dif they charge you for upgrade Stuart?.

7. cinnabull

cinnabull Well-Known Member

Apr 4, 2020
    Here and There
    no Shaun, they didnt. However the software took just over an hour to be installed so if you’re thinking about it I’d deffo suggest making an appointment. My dealer was aware I wanted it looked at when the brake pads were being done. It was done under warranty, as it should have had three settings from the get go, but this is easily overlooked I suppose.

Stuart

• Like Like x 2