Street Triple 765r Mirror Vibration

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by Anne, Mar 14, 2021.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Anne

Anne Member

Feb 3, 2021
    South Wales
    Hi,

Was wondering if anyone had experienced this problem and whether replacing the stock mirrors with bar end mirrors resolved it? The vibration on motorways/dual carriageways at 70mph causes alot of distortion :(

2. Iceman

Iceman Crème de la Crème

Apr 19, 2020
    Lancashire
    Hi Anne, the standard mirrors do tend to vibrate, the genuine Triumph bar end mirrors do not have that issue, I looked into why it was happening on one of the Triumph's I owned, I tried a number of different things to solve it, the conclusion I came to is the length of the mirror stem was the issue, I fitted a pair from another machine with shorter stems to see if it made any difference, and the distortion ceased. I fitted a set of genuine Triumph bar end mirrors and never had an issue after that. They are very easy to fit and come with everything needed, including the grommets to blank off the threads were the original mirrors fit, they also enhance the look of the machine. Hope this helps.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Anne

Anne Member

Feb 3, 2021
    South Wales
    Thank you Iceman for such a concise response. I did wonder whether the stem length of the mirrors was the issue. My husband has the Speed Triple where the bar end mirrors come as standard and he does not have a problem so, I will be adding these mirrors to my ever increasing list of modifications :) It's coming along nicely though, I've done the seat cowl, belly ban, crash bungs, rad guard, flyscreen and levers so far. Just waiting for carbon rad cowls and heel guards and, now, bar end mirrors then I'll be done!

• Like Like x 1
  4. Iceman

Iceman Crème de la Crème

Apr 19, 2020
    Lancashire
    You will have to post some pictures when it's finished, I've been putting some goodies on my STRS during lockdown. Ride safe

5. Anne

Anne Member

Feb 3, 2021
    South Wales
    I’m having trouble uploading pics as it keeps saying the file is too large but I did manage this one of the belly pan before I fitted it. Have to give a big shout out to Carbon FBR, his stuff is awesome as is his customer service

9C3257E7-EDCF-4028-A578-BE6B99CD75B1.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
  6. Iceman

Iceman Crème de la Crème

Apr 19, 2020
    Lancashire
    Yes CarbonFBR based in Scotland do great products, I bought an extended rear hugger from him a while back, his products fit spot on. looking at that belly pan has motivated me to order one

7. Anne

Anne Member

Feb 3, 2021
    South Wales
    #7 Anne, Mar 15, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2021
    You can get 10% off if you enter CFBR2110 at the check out or it may be CFBR1021 .... anyway, one of those codes is right lol. It's worth it for over £20 off!! The decals were from Crispy Designs but word of warning, I queried whether they would fit before I ordered and was told yes but when they arrived they didn't, the reply to my further query was "they are not for aftermarket products only oem" which is rubbish as the belly pan is the same size. They come on a very thick sheet of vinyl which is rough cut to the size of the belly pan and would look rubbish stuck on as a whole. I cut all around the white pieces and custom fitted them myself. The end result was worth it if you don't mind the faff but I wouldn't order from him again tbh.

• Useful Useful x 1
  8. Iceman

Iceman Crème de la Crème

Apr 19, 2020
    Lancashire
    Thanks for the great information Anne, I will get the belly pan and not bother with the decals

• Like Like x 1
  9. Iceman

Iceman Crème de la Crème

Apr 19, 2020
    Lancashire
    Hi Anne, here are some pictures of extras to my Street Triple RS

IMG_0944.JPG

IMG_0946.JPG

IMG_0947.JPG

IMG_0949.JPG

IMG_0950.JPG

IMG_0951.JPG

IMG_0952.JPG

IMG_0953.JPG

IMG_0954.JPG

IMG_0955.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  10. Anne

Anne Member

Feb 3, 2021
    South Wales
    Very nice:). I decided against the carbon hugger and chain guard as apparently there is a bolt behind the wheel you have to take out to fit it so I just bought an plain extender which looks fine to be fair. I also got cheaper crash protection but seeing your Evotech ones, they look so much better so I may have to upgrade! Is the flyscreen Triumph? That also looks better than the Powerbronze one I think but I'm not changing that again as some of those bolts were a nightmare to reach!! Apparently my rad cowls should be here tomorrow so when they're fitted I'll put some more pics on.

11. Iceman

Iceman Crème de la Crème

Apr 19, 2020
    Lancashire
    Hi Anne yes the flyscreen, engine cover protectors, tail tidy, crash protectors, paddock stand bobbins and heated grips are all Triumph items, Evotech supplied the front and rear bobbins and the radiator cover, the horn is a mini sound bomb, and the hugger from CarbonFBR, it also has the connectivity system, great with the Go Pro. You will have to post some pics when you have time.

12. Iceman

Iceman Crème de la Crème

Apr 19, 2020
    Lancashire
    Hi Anne yes the flyscreen, engine cover protectors, tail tidy, crash protectors, paddock stand bobbins and heated grips are all Triumph items, Evotech supplied the front and rear bobbins and the radiator cover, the horn is a mini sound bomb, and the hugger from CarbonFBR, it also has the connectivity system, great with the Go Pro. You will have to post some pics when you have time.

• Like Like x 1