Street Triple 765 S Mirror Adjustment

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Dec90, Oct 15, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Dec90

Dec90 New Member

Oct 15, 2019
    Bristol, UK
    Hi,

I picked up a brand new street triple 765 S on Saturday, and broke the glass in one of the mirrors the first time I tried to adjust them. I took it back to the dealer, and luckily they replaced it under warranty. (They said they have had a few people do this).

The main dealer warned me to be gentle with them this time, and I doubt they will replace it again if I break another. The mirror lens just don't move at all if you use light pressure. and pressing with a little bit of force is how I broke one of them before.

Does anyone know the "Correct" way of adjusting them? I currently can't see anything useful out of the R/H one.

Thanks!
    Dec

2. Red Thunder

Red Thunder Elite Member
    Subscriber

Dec 2, 2014
    High Wycombe
    I understand that the mirrors are not adjustable
    Best bet may be alternative suppliers

3. Dec90

Dec90 New Member

Oct 15, 2019
    Bristol, UK
    #3 Dec90, Oct 15, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2019
    Thanks for the reply Red Thunder!

They are supposed to be adjustable. However they don't seem to move very well.

My left one is ok-ish where it is, but the right one is currently pointing at the floor!

It would be pretty poor if I have to change the mirrors on a brand new bike before its really usable! :joy:

I'm hoping someone has found a trick to loosen them up a bit!

4. just Mike

just Mike New Member

Sep 3, 2018
    USA
    They’re adjustable. Just grab the frame and not the glass when manipulating.