675 Street Triple 675 Info

Discussion in 'Street Triple' started by Rob, Apr 30, 2012.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Rob

Rob Administrator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2012
    The Triumph Street Triple is a naked motorcycle produced by Triumph Motorcycles, first released towards the end of 2007. The bike is closely modelled on the Speed Triple 1050 but uses a re-tuned inline three cylinder 675 cc engine from the Daytona 675 sportsbike, which was released in 2006.
    [​IMG]

A number of spy photos and speculated design shots were reported in the motorcycle press,with one magazine capturing a road test of the completed Street Triple. Later articles reported on leaked design shots of the new bike. A report on the showcasing of the finished bike to dealers was published on 6 March 2007, along with a spy video of a test ride.
    The Street Triple has been joined by a new version which has been given the R suffix. The Street Triple R shares the same engine and chassis as the standard model but has fully adjustable suspension both front and rear which is shared with the Daytona. The revised rear suspension results in a slightly higher seat height over the standard model and sharper rake. It has other minor equipment differences over the standard bike in the way of handlebars, brakes, and different colour schemes.
    In 2010, Triumph launched the Tiger 800 and Tiger 800 XC, which use a longer stroke version of the Street Triple engine.

[​IMG]

Updated for the 2012 model year, the Street Triple has a more contemporary look with bold new colours and graphics, stylish brushed metal finishes and aggressive new headlights shared with the bigger Speed Triple and has claimed power ratings of 105bhp @ 11700rpm & 68Nm @ 9200rpm

2. pig moustache

pig moustache New Member

Sep 4, 2012
    Maidstone , Kent , UK.
    Awesome bike i reckon, had mine just over a month now , have bought a few extra's for it here and there but i cant make up my mind on the Arrow slip ons , i do like the look of them but at £600 isn can i justify them? wouldn't mind some feedback from people that have fitted them to see what they think. Cheers.

3. Gorgeous George

Gorgeous George New Member

Feb 24, 2013
    Me too, it's a bit of an expense. But i quite like the look of the Italian ones ''SC - Project'' but i've read they can be a bit of a bugger to fit.

4. pig moustache

pig moustache New Member

Sep 4, 2012
    Maidstone , Kent , UK.
    hello matey, its not a problem anymore,well not on a street i traded it in for a speed triple,loved the street but it didn't quite have enough grunt for me,gotta say i am really enjoying me new one just need the summer to return.