675 Street Triple 2010 Tail Tidy

Discussion in 'Street Triple' started by Martin Bayliss, Jun 1, 2017.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Martin Bayliss

Apr 5, 2017
    West Yorkshire
    Has anybody had any issues re fitting a tail tidy to the two high-level silencered Street Triple? I know R & G and Evotech do them but from their pics, it is hard to tell whether or not the number plate (standard size) will foul on the silencers?!?! Does anybody happen to know?

Many thanks in advance.

2. Bad Billy

Bad Billy Baddest Member

Jun 1, 2017
    Southern Softyville
    Hi Martin,
    I had a S Moto one fitted to mine, got it on E-Bay for about £95.
    I have shown photo with it on complete with a slightly smaller plate (1 inch smaller in width and height).
    There is enough room to fit a standard plate as you can see, can't comment on the other makes though.

http://www.shamighmoto.co.uk/

Triumph Street Triple Tail Tidy Fender Eliminator 2007 to 2012
    Cheers
    Bill

IMG_2228.JPG

3. Martin Bayliss

Apr 5, 2017
    West Yorkshire
    Hello Bill

Thanks for that, more food for thought.

4. Adam_C

Adam_C Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2017
    West sussex
    Hello mate,

I got an R&G tail tidy and yes the plate fouls on the standard plate please see pic below

I ended up buying a slightly smaller plate and will swap it come MOT time

IMG_4790.JPG

5. Martin Bayliss

Apr 5, 2017
    West Yorkshire
    Hi Adam

Many thanks for that. The R & G one is the one I'm preferring at the moment. Did you space the silencers out from standard? According to the instructions, there should be some spacers included in the kit to enable you to do that?

6. Adam_C

Adam_C Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2017
    West sussex
    No I didn't mate could do with being spaced but I'm getting a RC project exhaust soon so will faff with it then if needed. The kit does come with spacers

7. Martin Bayliss

Apr 5, 2017
    West Yorkshire
    Finally took the plunge and fitted the R & G tail tidy, including the spacers for the silencers, which are standard. Have also used the standard indicators and all worked pretty well. I'm not the world's best at electrics but wiring up the number plate light, tail light and indicators was easy.

The spacers for the silencers were OK but the silencer brackets needed a little judicious bending. I have re-used the standard number plate which is 240 mms wide and now there is about a 1 cm gap from the number plate to the silencers so all should be good! Thanks all for your help.

20170701_150833.jpg

20170701_150843.jpg

20170701_150908.jpg

20170701_150919.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  8. Adam_C

Adam_C Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2017
    West sussex
    Looks good mate! Love the white and seat cowel

9. Bad Billy

Bad Billy Baddest Member

Jun 1, 2017
    Southern Softyville
    Looks great mate, so much better than the awful standard monstrous thing!