Street Test Ride

Discussion in 'Bonneville' started by 45Brit2017, Apr 28, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. 45Brit2017

45Brit2017 Well-Known Member

May 30, 2017
    UK
    6A6EEC40-36D9-4D53-9746-196B9B9188FE.jpeg so, I was taking the T100 in for service and MoT, and as the 900 Street demonstrator was available I had a go. I rather liked it, tell the truth. Liked it a lot; I had wondered how the lower weight affected the feel, and it’s definitely “there”. The shaped seat is better than the “ironing board” on the T100, too, not that this is a particularly ambitious claim.

I do like the 270 deg crank motor. I’ve seen 270 deg cranks before, Yamaha experimented with XS650 set up that way for flat track racing, it’s not a new idea but definitely works.

It’s a SMALL bike, even for a 5’8” shorty like me. I’m not totally sold on the available finishes, and I miss the cast tank badges. It also seems to have no scope for proper luggage, so the old “pony express” throwovers seem fit for more service.. mind you, the new T100 also seems to have inherited this dubious design feature?

I did like the “burnt orange” finish on the new T100, although I’m still hoping against hope for a green and silver one (as above]...

So, would I buy a Street? Hard to say. I liked the 270 deg T100 when I rode it, and it’s definitely nimbler than the earlier bike, with better suspension and seat. On balance I think the T100 has it, but not by much, and if I’d bought the original Street when I first saw them (no demo bike and 4 months delivery put me off) I’d probsbly be happy enough.

• Like Like x 4