Street Scrambler Rear Fender

Discussion in 'Newbies Hangout' started by TriumphalArch, Feb 16, 2021.

Tags:
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. TriumphalArch

TriumphalArch Well-Known Member

Feb 16, 2021
    USA
    Hello forum. I'm looking for rear fender/number plate ideas for my 2020 SS. Here is the "dilemma": I most prefer the British Customs Pan tail light set up in terms of style, as it retains the curved stock rear fender. However, it is intended to work with shock mounted indicators. As I have a pannier, I don't see this as a great option. Before going custom, does anyone know of clean number/license plate option that retains the fender and has indicator mounts? I have reached quite a bit with no luck. Feel free to direct me to any useful threads on the topic. Thank you. I will include a picture of my bike in it's current state. I'm happy with how it is going but that darn rear end...

IMG_4858.jpeg

• Like Like x 3
  2. andyc1

andyc1 Lunarville 7, Airlock 3

Feb 4, 2017
    N. Ireland
    Welcome to the forum :)

• Love You Love You x 1
  3. Helmut Visor

Helmut Visor Only dead fish go with the flow
    Subscriber

Oct 3, 2018
    Three Counties
    Howdy TriumphalArch :cool:

• Love You Love You x 1
  4. Vulpes

Vulpes Confused Member

Mar 14, 2018
    Netherlands
    Hi and welcome.

• Love You Love You x 1
  5. Fork Lock

Fork Lock Elite Member

Feb 5, 2021
    South Jersey, The 51st State
    Greetings frm New Jersey.

• Love You Love You x 1
  6. Pegscraper

Pegscraper Elite Member

Jun 12, 2020
    Yorkshire
    Hi and welcome to the forum from a fellow Street Scrambler owner. From the pictures on their website the BC Pan rear mud guard looks almost identical to the OEM one except for light mounts. What is it about the original you don't like? If I liked the BC one and couldn't find anything else I'd probably buy it and fab up brackets of some sort to mount the indicators nearer the back light and away from the panniers. Something to consider maybe? I don't use panniers but also think the rear end could be improved upon but we have draconian licence plate regs over here and I've ruled out "Tail Tidy's" as they're useless in bad weather.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. darkman

darkman Crème de la Crème

Oct 26, 2015
    Southcoast of the UK Earth
    Hi n welcome :)

• Love You Love You x 1
  8. TriumphalArch

Feb 16, 2021
    USA
    Thanks for the welcome and reply! To clarify, it is the original rear mud guard (or similar) that I wish to keep, so the BC option is a good one is that regard. Fabricating a bracket of some sort for the indicators to go along with it is in fact what I've been considering, but I wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something already in production before going this route. The Scrambler 1200 has options available that are almost exactly what I'm looking for, but alas, no such thing seems to exist for the street scrambler. Thanks again for you thoughts.

9. TriumphalArch

Feb 16, 2021
    USA
    Thanks everyone for the kind welcome. Looking forward to connecting with more Triumph and Street Scrambler fans.

10. garethr

garethr Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2015
    BRISTOL UK
    #10 garethr, Feb 17, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2021
    No indicator brackets, but I've always liked the simplicity and traditional look of the Barnett stainless tail light/licence plate mount ( www.barnettclutches.com ). It takes the old Lucas rear lamps.

Part no. 709-80-70002 >>>> https://rssd.cld.bz/Barnett-Catalogue/39

The SS mudguard might be a bit short, though.

[​IMG]

• Love You Love You x 1
  11. Tiglet

Tiglet Vintage Member

Mar 28, 2016
    Cheshire
    Hello and welcome to the forum :)

• Love You Love You x 1
  12. David Cooper

David Cooper Triumph Rocketeer.
    Subscriber

Hello and welcome to the forum.

gump (1).gif

• Like Like x 1
  13. Sandi T

Sandi T It's ride o'clock somewhere!
    Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    Greetings and welcome to the forum, TriumphalArch! That's a darned good looking bike and a nice photo of it. Hope you enjoy the forum. I think you'll find that it's a great place to get support and info on all sorts of things.

Screen Shot 2020-09-16 at 9.30.10 PM.png

• Like Like x 1
  14. TriumphalArch

Feb 16, 2021
    USA
    Thank you! Also, I appreciate the compliments. I was a Street Triple guy, but I have really enjoyed getting into the mordant classics and embracing a new style.

• Like Like x 1
  15. TriumphalArch

Feb 16, 2021
    USA
    This is obviously for the XSR, but represents the general concept I am seeking. I have had the foolish hope that something like this (aside from the BC pan tail light) exists and I just can't find it...
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  16. TriumphalArch

Feb 16, 2021
    USA
    I like the idea, though I would like something that uses a round light. The Lucas style is neat but not what I'm looking for. Thanks for suggesting this, however!

17. Dartplayer

Dartplayer Crème de la Crème

Aug 8, 2018
    New Zealand
    Hi TriumphalArch and welcome to the forum :cool: Looking forward to seeing your progress pix