Scrambler Street Scrambler Pannier Rail

Discussion in 'Thruxton, Scrambler & Trident' started by seanb, Nov 2, 2017.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. seanb

seanb New Member

Nov 2, 2017
    Swindon
    Hi all, I'm thinking about a single bag for the left hand side. Like the look of the SW Motech Legend bag but not the one with the mounting lugs, just want a straight forward rail to mount to the bike, then strap the bag to the rail and/or seat to hopefully give a more compact look. I considered the waxed bag from Triumph but I don't like the way the bag sticks out from the bike and wasn't so keen on the bag 'in the flesh' when I saw it at the dealer. Any ideas welcome! Local dealer suggested getting the pannier rails for the Street Twin and powder coating it (they are in chrome which I don't think would look right on olive green scrambler, so I would prefer black). But if I can get something ready to use that would be easier.

Thanks
    Sean

2. DesertRat

DesertRat Member

Oct 10, 2017
    Yuscon, AZ USA
    I'm not sure just what you're after but I just put these on my Bonnie. Well made. and stronger than I had expected. Lots of Chinese ones available on eBay. I also have a Renntec rack that give me a stout rail to strap things onto.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/311641446544

3. seanb

seanb New Member

Nov 2, 2017
    Swindon
    Hi DesertRat, that's what I'm after - black pannier rail, but just for the other side. Triumph only do them in a pair in chrome. Tried searching google with no luck, will have a rummage around on eBay,

thanks
    Sean