Scrambler Street Scrambler Inspiration Pack

Discussion in 'Thruxton, Scrambler & Trident' started by Gyp, Sep 11, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Gyp

Gyp Well-Known Member

May 13, 2020
    United Kingdom
    Having a quick look at the configurator, I notice that Triumph are now listing accessory packs including the Inspiration Pack for the Street Scrambler.

Rugged pannier and mounting kit - check!
    Sump guard - check!
    Vance and Hines slip on - check!
    Handlebar brace - check!
    Number board - check!
    Dresser Bar - check!
    Headlight grille - check!
    Bench seat - check!
    Machined oil filler cap, black - eh? Why? It's a struggle to actually see the thing! I know it's "only" £16, but why bother if you can't see it???

• Like Like x 1
  2. Daveweld

Daveweld Active Member

Aug 2, 2020
    UK
    Inspirational

3. Hotdish

Hotdish New Member

Aug 13, 2020
    USA
    Inspiration is expensive, apparently.

4. Gyp

Gyp Well-Known Member

May 13, 2020
    United Kingdom
    Usually selecting a "pack" works out less expensive than selecting the items individually.

Not in Triumph's case it would appear

5. Hotdish

Hotdish New Member

Aug 13, 2020
    USA
    Disappointed that there’s no black engine bolts, black engine header covers, black shift levers, black engine case badge, tan exhaust header wrap, black radiator guard, and crazy knob tires. Where’s the yellow headlight cover and the bar end mirrors?

If we’re going to be inspired by doubling the cost of the bike to accessorize, I need ALL the inspiration.

6. Daveweld

Daveweld Active Member

Aug 2, 2020
    UK
    They are more likely wanting to move a stock pile of spares

7. Pegscraper

Pegscraper Elite Member

Jun 12, 2020
    Yorkshire
    I got the "Enduro pack" when I bought mine, some of the bit's I kept and some I took off. The kit was around half the price of buying the bits separately.

8. Gyp

Gyp Well-Known Member

May 13, 2020
    United Kingdom
    Pack accessories purchased individually total = £1,768.36

Pack price £1,768.36

9. Daveweld

Daveweld Active Member

Aug 2, 2020
    UK
    They then point out that the parts are the same price but we have them fitted all for free !

10. Gyp

Gyp Well-Known Member

May 13, 2020
    United Kingdom
    Which, in my experience, is true of all accessories bought at the time the bike is purchased.

Triumph state the pack requires 170 minutes to fit, so they're not suggesting that fitting is free, either.

If this lot was fitted at factory for, say, £1000 instead of the original kit, that might make sense.

11. Daveweld

Daveweld Active Member

Aug 2, 2020
    UK
    Now had my Scrambler since October 2019. Love the bike. Like the options to make it mine. But we all seem to end up the same again, not a bad thing. Should some of the options become standard ?

12. Daveweld

Daveweld Active Member

Aug 2, 2020
    UK
    Now had my Scrambler since October 2019. Love the bike. Like the options to make it mine. But we all seem to end up the same again, not a bad thing. Should some of the options become standard ?

• Like Like x 1
  13. Hotdish

Hotdish New Member

Aug 13, 2020
    USA
    Or like cars, and have different trim packages. Otherwise the already expensive motorcycle turns into a crazy expensive motorcycle.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Pegscraper

Pegscraper Elite Member

Jun 12, 2020
    Yorkshire
    You should be able to specify "options" to be factory fitted which would cost less and you wouldn't end up with a box of "standard" bits sat in a box on a shelf in the garage.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Daveweld

Daveweld Active Member

Aug 2, 2020
    UK
    understand that, but that is not my point. I am asking what could become a standard instead of added. The cost of the Street Scrambler 900 is not what is classed as an expensive motorcycle in the Triumph range.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Pegscraper

Pegscraper Elite Member

Jun 12, 2020
    Yorkshire
    That will differ from owner to owner. Some owners would neither want or waste money on what the next would pay for.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Daveweld

Daveweld Active Member

Aug 2, 2020
    UK
    Ok, so back to the question. What would be nice to have a standard item then ?

18. Pegscraper

Pegscraper Elite Member

Jun 12, 2020
    Yorkshire
    If it's just one item, for me, a decent rear carrier (so I didn't have to make one). The standard one is a joke. A second would be a decent LED headlight as some other models have. These would add very little to the cost of the bike IMO.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Daveweld

Daveweld Active Member

Aug 2, 2020
    UK
    Mine would be the Ali sump guard instead of the standard Plastic one. If you want to go off road but not to extreme then it needs to be fitted as standard.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Pegscraper

Pegscraper Elite Member

Jun 12, 2020
    Yorkshire
    That's one of the options I got in the "Enduro pack" and kept. I removed the headlight guard and high level mudguard and refitted the standard items. The alloy sump guard is also handy for raising the bike with a bike lift. Just shove it under without worry of damaging anything.

• Like Like x 2