Scrambler Street Scrambler Fox Shocks Adjustment

Discussion in 'Thruxton, Scrambler & Trident' started by Gyp, Jul 3, 2022.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Gyp

Gyp Well-Known Member

May 13, 2020
    United Kingdom
    I've had Fox shocks on the Street Scrambler since the bike was a few months old and appreciate their ride compared with the OEM units.

As I've been exclusively solo I've left them on their delivered setting with the preload on min (as per the instructions).

As I'm touring with luggage and will be carrying a pillion for part of the trip I decided it would be best to wind the preload up to max (as per the instructions).

2 things I discovered; despite being only a couple of $ for the genuine Fox adjustment spanner, they don't include one in the box with the shocks, but more importantly you can't adjust the right hand shock as the exhaust is in the way!

After buying a universal C-spanner (as I couldn't find a Fox one in the UK), I realise that the only way of adjusting the RHS shock was to remove the shock from the bike or remove the exhaust.

I ended up doing the latter.

Ridiculous!

Oh and I also discovered that the threads weren't the same on the two shocks as at the max preload on each, there was about 2mm difference between them so had to adjust again and remeasure until I got them the same.

Not looking forward to putting it all back when I get back from my trip. Think I'll use a spring compressor instead as that might make it possible without dismantling the bike.