Street Scrambler Bolt For Rack

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by cliverdee, Sep 8, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. cliverdee

cliverdee Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2014
    Nottingham
    Hi does anyone know if I should have got the bolt with Allen key head for fixing the rack onto my 18 plate Street Scrambler ? ... Assumed it was the same bolt that attaches the rear ‘seat’ but it’s bigger as equivalent to the the 2 size Allen key supplied with the bike ... I’ll ask the dealer on Monday but a heads up is useful... thanks a lot for the answer

2. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    Likewise on my 2011 thruxton the rack/grab bar fits to 4 holes under the seat and the rear fork mount,

3. cliverdee

Aug 5, 2014
    Nottingham
    Hi thanks for replies.... on the Scrambler the rear seat is fixed with just one Allen key bolt at the back, and the the rider seat is removed by using the ignition key in a lock on the left side of the bike . The rack has just one Allen key bolt inserted from the top of the rear mudguard which is bigger than the bolt for the rear seat... as the rack comes free with the bike I would have thought the correct bolt would also be supplied but not with mine so wonder if it should have come with it. ... am sure the dealer will supply one when I ask ....

• Useful Useful x 1
  4. Nickthesurfer

Nickthesurfer New Member

Mar 22, 2020
    UK
    A couple of years ago but what did you find out? Just tried to do the same (switch seat for rack), only to find I hadn’t been given anything to attach the rack with. Like you, I’d assumed everything under the seat would just get re-used.

Nick

5. cliverdee

Aug 5, 2014
    Nottingham
    Hi, the dealership gave me the correct bolt for the rack when I asked... bit dumb of Triumph not to provide one with the bike as new owners don’t really want to have to go back and ask for something as clearly required as this. .. I’m sure your dealer would post one to you to save making a journey and avoiding any people contact. Regards

• Like Like x 1
  6. Nickthesurfer

Nickthesurfer New Member

Mar 22, 2020
    UK

Thanks for letting me know. Daft (as you said) that they make a thing of the rack bring a great little option but they didn’t pass you the bolts to attach it.