Featured Scrambler Street Scrambler 6 Day Old Review

Discussion in 'Thruxton, Scrambler & Trident' started by Lanerider, Jun 24, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Lanerider

Lanerider Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2019
    west yorks
    Well as you know my new street scrambler was delivered last Tuesday in exchange for my tiger 800 . Wow impressed its very nimble easy to get on and off looks as smart has hell and when we stopped for a coffee people were coming up and saying who's is the scrambler I've never had a bike that caused so much interest and as for the riding position its cock on I've now put a 100 mile on it and if the weather was dry i would put another 100 on it the smile on my face is from ear to ear ... I'm loving it loving it

• Like Like x 8
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. cliverdee

cliverdee Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2014
    Nottingham
    Oh good ...glad we have the same opinion.. I did the first 500 miles on mine a few days back and am now having to wait over a week for my 1st service. I had the previous Street Scrambler and still am noticing the difference with the increased power and better front brake... better mpg too so all smiles. Love the engine & handling which is why I got the same bike again despite the salesfolk pushing the ‘proper’ 1200 Scrambler at me saying I wouldn’t be a happy man without it ! !... it’s just fingers crossed for better weather for us all now

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Matt1050

Matt1050 New Member

May 29, 2019
    West yorkshire
    Great to hear.
    When you're super happy with a new bike, the feeling is awesome. Need to see a picture of this beast

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Lanerider

Jun 11, 2019
    west yorks

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Lanerider

Jun 11, 2019
    west yorks
    here is a pic

IMG_1411.jpg

• Like Like x 8
  6. Matt1050

Matt1050 New Member

May 29, 2019
    West yorkshire
    NiCE
    Thats one cool looking motorcycle.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Nolan 73

Nolan 73 Member

Jun 2, 2018
    Hampshire
    I had one for a day as a courtesy bike and I must say I really enjoyed it. Would definitely look into changing my street twin for the new street scrambler.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. mpllineman

mpllineman First Class Member

Feb 12, 2018
    Pearl,Ms.
    I'm loving that color! Glad to hear you are enjoying your new Scrambler. From all I have read, they are a great bike/ Always be safe and enjoy her!

9. Lanerider

Jun 11, 2019
    west yorks
    Had it a couple of weeks now i cant keep off it i have booked it in for first service ive done 500 mile now and its loosend up and sweet as a nut I'm getting 71 mpg which i cant complain at that as im giving it what for im having a fender extender fitted when its in long may the sun shine

10. Repooh

Repooh Rarely Satisfied

Jan 5, 2018
    Stabby Town
    How does it compare to your Tiger, I have a Street Twin and was thinking of a Tiger 800 Low, for no other reason that more comfy on longer rides, I've ridden the previous Street Scrambler and love it

11. Lanerider

Jun 11, 2019
    west yorks
    its more easy to get on and off and easy to run around town the tiger is more a fast motorway cruiser but a handfull in traffic the ss is a breeze to use and i love it

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  12. steve lovatt

steve lovatt Something else

May 12, 2014
    North Yorkshire
    You shouldn't have any problem with a Tiger 800 low - I've had my 800 XRx for over three years now and love it. The Tiger has the slightly higher centre of gravity than the Bonneville based bikes but it might surprise you to learn that it's actually lighter! 199kg dry and 216kg wet as opposed to lardy Bonneville at 205kg dry and 230kg wet! :D

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  13. Lanerider

Jun 11, 2019
    west yorks
    Well its had its first service next one 10k or a year i can now really give it some stick i had a fender extender fitted by the dealer and i have fitted my camcorder and driving lights so its off to scotland for 4 days in a fortnight im lovin it loving it

• Like Like x 1
  14. Glyn Phillips

Glyn Phillips Old’N’Slow

Jun 21, 2018
    Essex
    What are driving lights? I hope they’re not the things that blind everyone that looks at you

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Lanerider

Jun 11, 2019
    west yorks
    I've been riding a lot of years in the passed i use to have a loud exhaust to let other motorists know I'm there now thats illegal i have daytime running lights as you rightly say they blind everybody but they know I'm there so i don't often get the saying ..SORRY I NEVER SAW YOU ..

16. Glyn Phillips

Glyn Phillips Old’N’Slow

Jun 21, 2018
    Essex
    #16 Glyn Phillips, Jul 24, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2019
    No but they can say I was dazzled and swerved into you.
    I drive cars and bikes and honestly if a bike comes up on low beam you see it clearly, when a few bikes come through with super bright lights you stop looking!!!!!

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Glyn Phillips

Glyn Phillips Old’N’Slow

Jun 21, 2018
    Essex
    And if no ones looking that makes you way more vulnerable, food for thought

18. Lanerider

Jun 11, 2019
    west yorks
    Just done a 4 day run around scotland a mixture of heat and heavy rain the ss performed faultless on a full tank of juice i got 180 mile with 10 mile left in the tank there were no back ache or numb hand issues i had kreiger luggage strapped on and at high speed the fly screen kept the buffeting off im a happy chappie.... ive 2k now on the clock