Featured 765 Street Rs Collect...

Discussion in 'Street Triple' started by Mr Triple J, Jun 25, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Mr Triple J

Mr Triple J Well-Known Member

Apr 27, 2018
    UK
    Hi,
    Collected new Street RS at weekend... awesome machine.
    Dilemma between Speed and street... ridden both... street fits perfect ergo. (5’7) speed felt big and noticeably heavier than street... both mega bikes but overall street for me just ticks all boxes for me... light, rideable, fast, quality build, sounds and performance gives the grin factor.... you never get bored of hearing the growl.. .
    Just felt you can really ride the street... and feel like you are!

Got few bits added by dealer... tailtidy, Small indicators, flyscreen, tank pad, crash bobbins, paddock stand bobbins.

4CDD5A69-54D7-4B9E-8315-6E6BD21A7270.jpeg

• Like Like x 8
  2. topdec

topdec Member

May 30, 2018
    Farmington Minnesota
    Congrats. What was your previous bike? Let us know how the RS compares to it after a few hundred miles.

3. Bad Billy

Bad Billy Baddest Member

Jun 1, 2017
    Southern Softyville
    Congratulations, in my opinion you have chosen very well, I've had mine just over a year and covered 5,400 miles on it, 1,600 of which were done last week in Northern Spain and Andorra, I was in the company of some big super bikes and never regretted my choice of ride as the RS excels round those excellent twisties! I am a big lad at 6'3 & 16 stone and I would still choose the RS over the Speed as it is a bike that begs to be ridden hard and is an absolute joy to own. The Supercorsa's are excellent if a little soft to get big miles on, the first rear did 3000 miles, the front has absolutely had it on return from Spain the tread pattern was virtually gone, the rear I reckon would do another 200 miles at most, so now I need a set I am gonna try the Michelin Power RS as I was impressed with a couple of mates on the trip who had them on their bikes. Enjoy the bike I am sure you'll love it.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Matthew Upshall

Matthew Upshall Well-Known Member

Apr 1, 2017
    Reading
    Huge congrats. It looks a great bike and the Evotech add ons finish it well. Did you ride the Speed RS? I feel that it sits between the Street and the old Speed with respect to the handling. I had a go on the Street RS when my Speed RS was being serviced. It was great fun but that engine just wants to be thrashed all the time and would land me in serious trouble! I had the same indicators, bungs, tail tidy, screen and pad added to my Speed RS. Yours is like smaller brother!

Enjoy your bike and ride safe.

Matt

• Like Like x 2
  5. Hoffnungslos

Hoffnungslos Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2018
    Aberdeen
    Nice bike fella, you will love it once it’s broken in. The only downside I can find with the bike is that it just wants to scream past the speed limits which is exactly why I love it. Vicious circle.

I have the 18 RS in black and absolutely gutted that just a few months after buying it... a Matt black once came out for 2019. Darn it

• Like Like x 1
  6. R_1000

R_1000 Elite Member
    Subscriber

Sep 2, 2016
    UK, London
    Congratulations buddy. Lovely choice of bike :)

• Like Like x 1
  7. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

That’s a lovely bike mate :cool:
    Congrats :)

8. Triple1

Triple1 New Member

Jun 10, 2018
    Not Wales
    Nice bike. Do you find that the screen helps with protection in anyway?

9. Mr Triple J

Apr 27, 2018
    UK
    Hi Yeah rode both... very hard choice cos both mint bikes.. discussed a small analogy between two... `fire blade vs 600RR.... you can ride around on the blade (speed) but really ride and feel like your riding the 600RR (Street) power and size wise.. not direct comparison obviously....but felt I was having 'a ball' and riding the street...handling, sound power.... how biking is supposed to feel I guess.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Mr Triple J

Apr 27, 2018
    UK
    Thanks... its addictive!!

11. Mr Triple J

Apr 27, 2018
    UK
    I think small help yeah... but it was also better cosmetic finish for me... the existing screen seem to have a drop down cut out, taylor made for a screen finish.

RS Screen.png

12. Mr Triple J

Apr 27, 2018
    UK
    I think small help yeah... but it was also better cosmetic finish for me... the existing screen seem to have a drop down cut out, taylor made for a screen finish.

• Like Like x 1
  13. pistolpete

pistolpete New Member

Jul 17, 2018
    Barnet, London
    Try out the Metzeler M7RR - superb tyre (have on my speed) same grip and much better life than the Pirelli

• Like Like x 1