Street Cup Wiring Loom Problem

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by Adam Anderson, Jun 24, 2017.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Adam Anderson

Adam Anderson New Member

Jun 24, 2017
    UK
    I brought a Street Cup 5 weeks ago 2017 plate.The bike developed a wiring loom problem with the engine cutting out when you turn the bars. I tried to claim a full refund as per consumer rights act of 2015. Yesterday I got a demo replacement bike delivered to my home. This morning I was going out for a ride and the demo bike has the same wiring loom problem and engine cutting out when you turn the bars. Triumph full knowing the street cup model had this fault and was not fit for purpose. My Dealer Carl Rosner in Croydon could not give me a full refund due to problem happened over 30 Days. But offered me £7,800 for my broken street cup. I payed £8,800 for a brand new motorcycle which leaves me short of £1000. Do I class the £1000 short fall as "Triumph Tax"for riding a Triumph motorcycle. I will be sending a letter direct to Triumph motorcycles UK to get my £1000 short fall due to the street cup is still being sold by dealerships full knowing they have a wiring loom problem.. the demo bike only had 360 miles on the clock with a wiring loom problem. #NotHappy

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    Fight it!!

3. Callumity

Callumity Elite Member

Feb 25, 2017
    Nr Biggar
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Beany

Beany New Member

Nov 22, 2021
    Essex
    Hi I have a 17 plate Cup and the loom was replaced under warranty about a year ago, now this has happened. Has anyone else had this occur and how have they remedied it? wiring2.jpg