Featured Street Cup Project- Operation Bumble Bee.

Discussion in 'Builds & Projects' started by Chay delargy, Feb 17, 2021.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Chay delargy

Chay delargy Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2021
    norwich
    Hey all. Hope your doing well and all keeping safe!.

Thought I would start a thread on here for my mods etc for my newly acquired street cup.

Will be probably be abit of trial and error, I'm hoping to keep things "classy" looking , but at the same time unique.

I'm waiting on bits at the moment such as clear lenses for the indicators (I actually don't mind the stock ones as they have a retro look to them)

Silver and black folding brake and clutch levers with triumph logo on them.

Satin silver radiator cover with the Union Jack etched on.

Two gold ace cafe design logos for the seat cowl.

Black rubber tank pads with Union jack design.

Brass/copper top engine bolt covers.

And two original design triumph badges for the tank also.

Future mods/parts will be, tec bar ends,exhaust slip ons and rear gas shocks. Tires. 20210215_173401.jpg And then probably a front headlight grill.

Would love to hear your opinions or suggestions etc.

Cheers!

P.s pic of bike stock at the moment.

• Like Like x 11
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Love You Love You x 1
  2. Chay delargy

Feb 8, 2021
    norwich
    The cafe logos came today and have put them on the seat cowl and front fairing. I think they came out really well!
    I know it probably won't be everybody's cup of tea though.

I just need to get someone to lacquer them in, don't think I trust myself to do it.

20210218_193338_compress41.jpg

20210218_193411_compress3.jpg

20210218_193348_compress32.jpg

20210218_193416_compress98.jpg

• Like Like x 8
    • Love You Love You x 1
  3. Obijohnkenobe

Obijohnkenobe Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2020
    Tonbridge, Kent, UK
    Those cafe logos look really good. Your other mods also sound good. All about making your bike your own. I love my SC and will also get different tyres when I can. Others say they make a huge difference.

• Like Like x 3
  4. figwold

figwold First Class Member

Dec 12, 2016
    England
    Looking great. My first bike was a yellow and silver-grey Street Cup too. Great memories!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Chay delargy

Feb 8, 2021
    norwich
    Thanks man. Yeh I keep hearing that diffrent tires will make a huge difference. I might just get them done when the service is due as i probably won't do the miles to wear them down enough.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Chay delargy

Feb 8, 2021
    norwich

Thanks, what you riding now?

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. figwold

figwold First Class Member

Dec 12, 2016
    England
    A Tiger and a Street Triple RS. Love them both, but do miss the Street Cup. And the thumbs up from passers-by.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. OsteKuste

OsteKuste Intergalactic Warlord
    Subscriber

Oct 22, 2017
    Tennessee, United States
    Good looking bike. I’m kind of biased though. Decals look good! Your list of mods seem to be reasonable. If you don’t plan on doing much wet weather riding I’d say save your money and run the tires out. They mostly displeased me in the wet. Just couldn’t trust them. The front tire has about 3mm tread when new, so it won’t take too long to wear out. I’d put about 3 or 4K on the set, then change them.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Jadorff

Jadorff Noble Member

Apr 14, 2019
    Adelaide Australia
    looks nice

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Hubaxe

Hubaxe Good moaning! aka Mr Wordsalad :)

Mar 25, 2020
    Aix Les bains - French Alps
    I really like the little wind deflector above the light and the tail, including color and decals.
    I never liked the end bar mirrors, but that's just me. It's your bike, so far you like it.
    I think a grill on the headlamp would be too much. It's more a scrambler/trail thing.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Chay delargy

Feb 8, 2021
    norwich
    Thanks. I may change the mirrors if I see something that looks alot better. Looking around online, nothing has really grabbed my attention.

You have got me thinking about the grill. I might just look at the bezel upgrade instead.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Chay delargy

Feb 8, 2021
    norwich
    Thanks. I may change the mirrors if I see something that looks alot better. Looking around online, nothing has really grabbed my attention.

You have got me thinking about the grill. I might just look at the bezel upgrade instead.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Chay delargy

Feb 8, 2021
    norwich

Nice bikes, especially the rs.

One of the reasons I went back to triumph was for the thumbs up factor lol. Even when I had a daytona, I would get a old boy come up and start reminiscing about triumph from back In the day.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Richard Goss

Richard Goss Senior Member

Jan 6, 2019
    Newbury
    Always nice to make few changes and additions. The decals look good.
    My SC has Remus slip-ons, SATO rear sets, round Triumph bar end mirrors, tec progressive front springs and adjusters, Trip Machine leather grip wrap, throttle spacers, EBC sintered front pads.
    Had the tyres replaced at the end of last year and although not used the bike much since they do feel a lot better. The Pirellis were OK but followed every line on the road.
    The tec springs really improve the front end which I found dived too much under braking.
    The picture shows it fitted with a Corbin seat that I have now taken off as I never got on with it.

DSCF6494.JPG

• Like Like x 6
  15. Chay delargy

Feb 8, 2021
    norwich

I like the look of the rear sets. The seat looks really good too.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. OsteKuste

OsteKuste Intergalactic Warlord
    Subscriber

Oct 22, 2017
    Tennessee, United States
    Something to think about regarding clear coating over the decals. I wouldn’t bother for one main reason, what if you get tired of looking at them? With good quality outdoor grade vinyl they should last a good while, but if you tire of them you can just peel them off and be rid of them or change them. If you clear over them you’re stuck. I’ve since got rid of mine on the tail and am about to change the tank logo again.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Chay delargy

Feb 8, 2021
    norwich

Good call actually. I suppose if they get marked or dirty I could always re do them as I have spares

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. Obijohnkenobe

Obijohnkenobe Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2020
    Tonbridge, Kent, UK
    Would love a set of rear sets for my SC as well, and yours look great. How do they feel when riding? Did you get them shipped over from the States or is there a UK supplier?

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Chay delargy

Feb 8, 2021
    norwich
    Clear lens came today, Looks much better.
    bit of a pain to get them old ones off,but got there in the end.

20210222_203242.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  20. Richard Goss

Richard Goss Senior Member

Jan 6, 2019
    Newbury
    Hi. I got them through www.arhcustoms.co.uk. I like them but they are quite a bit father back and higher than stock. Weirdly the Corbin set didn't work with them, more to do with the seat than the rear sets. I actually prefer my spare street twin seat (normally just reserved for camping trips). Not the best look but I like the riding position and I can fit a tail pack.
    The rear sets are very high quality and fitted easily (just a bit of filing on the gear change arm as it was a very tight fit on the gear shaft). one thing to note though is they didn't come with folding footrests or lever ends. the lever end are available at extra cost but I had to adapt some other folding footrests, that is of course if you want them folding.
    They were very expensive but I like the feel and the look.

With the Street Twin seat

IMG_2177 (2).JPG

• Like Like x 3