Featured Storage Of A Few Tools And Spares

Discussion in 'Bonneville' started by Notso, Jul 14, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Notso

Notso Senior Member

Dec 17, 2018
    Solihull
    Managed to find a place for an emergency tyre repair kit and some fuses. It is the place where the owners manual is meant to go I think;
    20200714_211343.jpg
    20200714_211303.jpg

Shame that I couldn't fit my Tool set, for now it will go in my pocket;
    20200714_211519.jpg

• Like Like x 11
    • Creative Creative x 2
  2. Jadorff

Jadorff Noble Member

Apr 14, 2019
    Adelaide Australia
    good idea looks good and that is where the manual is normaley kept I don't know why they didn't put the round tin tool box as was on the original Bonney

• Like Like x 2
  3. stollydriver

stollydriver Elite Member

Apr 25, 2015
    north wales
    You should see the tool kit oem supplied with Rocket 3. You need to be a proper boy scout.....

• Like Like x 1
  4. Jadorff

Jadorff Noble Member

Apr 14, 2019
    Adelaide Australia
    Is it as good as the bonniville you only need an allan key thats the tool kit

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Ducatitotriumph

Ducatitotriumph Crème de la Crème

Apr 25, 2019
    Rothwell
    with the speed triple rs, you need a 5mm allen key to get to the tool kit...... doh.....

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Notso

Notso Senior Member

Dec 17, 2018
    Solihull
    Just managed to add a small roll of wire, a small roll of insulating tape, some cable ties, a john bull tie, a small pair of long nose pliers, small side cutters and a small screwdriver into the set under the seat. Amazing what you can fit with careful packing!

Could do with somewhere for my disc lock and Wera tool set. Anyone come up with a tidy solution that would work on a Street Twin, I don't like having to much in my pockets.

This is all part of ditching my pannier, I hardly use it, so have bought some rock straps with the intention of strapping a bag down on the seat when needed.

• Like Like x 1
  7. MattP

MattP Active Member

Feb 27, 2018
    Leeds
    I really like the look of that Wera tool kit. If I had £60 spare I'd get one.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Notso

Notso Senior Member

Dec 17, 2018
    Solihull
    Yep, it was a Christmas gift from my wife! It covers most small fittings on the bike and very compact. Probably needs a 1/4 drive flex extension to reach some spots.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Mischa Vladivostok

Mischa Vladivostok Well-Known Member

Feb 9, 2015
    Dublin, Ireland
    I carry two 6in Knipex pliers in my pocket, along with a small philips screwdriver and an old blunt screwdriver. It is incredible all you can get done with the little Knipex tools.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Jadorff

Jadorff Noble Member

Apr 14, 2019
    Adelaide Australia
    I carry a leatherman they have most things on them pliers screw drivers file knife ill have to have a look at the casset idear

• Like Like x 2
  11. Jadorff

Jadorff Noble Member

Apr 14, 2019
    Adelaide Australia
    I carry a leatherman they have most things on them pliers screw drivers file knife ill have to have a look at the casset idear

• Like Like x 1