Storage, Fuel Draining

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by Wiltshiresaint, Sep 4, 2018.

Tags:
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Wiltshiresaint

Wiltshiresaint New Member

Sep 4, 2018
    Devizes, Wiltshire
    I'm finally going to buy myself a T100 but first I need to solve the problem of where to keep it.

My only option at home is on-street, which is far from desirable. I don't know anyone who has a garage or similar option locally so I'm looking at one of the many storage depots, which though costly will at least be secure.

I'll only be riding the bike at weekends but a major drawback with this solution is I'll have to drain the fuel tank every time after taking it out before putting it back into the store. How much of a pain is it going to be to siphon the fuel out of the tank each time? Is there a better or easier option?

Anyone else have a similar issue re somewhere to keep their bike?

2. Help me Obi Wan...

Help me Obi Wan... Well-Known Member

I find the taste of petrol puts me off siphoning, ( I'm old school, I know, I know) I take it you are not allowed to store it with a full tank ?. What do car owners do ?.......... same, drain it off ?. I suppose it is a safety issue, not the best way to stay warm in winter watching yer pride and joy going up in smoke. Along with everyone else's unit. Quick where's the marshmallows.....
    Trash, err ride, it till the light comes on, simple, Non ?, my little cheese and onion crisp. (Kenny Everett, brilliant comic, ahead of his time. All in the best possible taste).

• Like Like x 1
  3. Wiltshiresaint

Wiltshiresaint New Member

Sep 4, 2018
    Devizes, Wiltshire
    Yep, can't store with 'flammables' in it. If I have to go down this route I'll get a siphon thingamy, but still not great. The 'ride till it's all but empty' suggestion isn't a bad idea though...

4. Help me Obi Wan...

Help me Obi Wan... Well-Known Member

Ride it like you stole it. I had both a KH 750 and 500 triple, keeping the buggers filled was the hardest part, not emptying them.